Contribute
Register

Adding 8560w to Install Guide and Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try my dsdt and ssdt, does it work?
Yes and yes: only your files, and it works!
Last attachment has been your files only with the added one from PBI.

Yes and yes: only your files, and it works!
Last attachment has been your files only with the added one from PBI.

Do you mean the brightness work with the files I sent you?

Uh, sorry, my misunderstanding. Brightness cannot be changed. No function keys, no slider within SysPrefs->Displays. Also no VGA.

I was referring to your working .aml and the successful PBI.

Hello together,

i have almost the same laptop HP 8760w only difference is the nVidia Quadro 3000m.
Is it possible to update the "HP Probook Installer" and integrate the 8x60w with nVidia graphics?

Still have problems to boot from SSD , Battery and sound and my fan are always on max.

Thx in advance.

I reinstalled Clover using PBI 6.2.17 with added 8560w model. For cleanup, the existing EFI folder has been renamed to EFI2. Then these configuration has been used:

• Clover UEFI
  • OS X support kexts: Business model - 6x60b/8x60 AMD/nVidia
  • Config and DSDT patcher: Business model - 8x60w nVidia
  • Fan behavior: reading only
  • Display type: High-resolution screen
  • SSDT generator
  • Misc OS X fixes: nothing selected
  • Extra tools: only Troubleshooting selected

The installation was not complete, because there where no original acpi .aml files. But clover and config.plist was inside the new EFI folder, so i rebooted, pressed F4 at clover screen for dumping the original acpi files and logged into the existing OSX. Then again PBI was started with the same options as above. This time it took longer, and finally the installation was successful. After a restart I could log in into OS X again. The only flaw: The sound icon was there, but within SysPrefs - Audio - Output only Apple TV was mentioned. Using Kext Wizard - Rebuild caches and reboot fixed that as well.

Right now it seems there is the same state as with the old EFI folder. A LOT of stuff is working, still the former stuff is not working: brightness, VGA, sleep.

So right now: PBI seem to do a very good job for installing clover onto the installation partition. Thanks for that! Now there should be also a clean state for further testing. If there is a little flaw, i'll report it here.

Added are the new clover folder + the boot.log

Attachments

• CLOVER_new_6.2.17.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 828
  • bootlog.log
    19.7 KB · Views: 185
Because SMBIOS will affect both CPU and GPU performance, it's better to use a Macbook Pro 8,x for your system (SandyBridge). You can try 8,1 8,2 8,3.

I tried all of them: 8,1 8,2 8,3
All gave the same result: I could boot, but not to the yosemite login screen. that screen was just black. But when pressing some keys, there was sound, as observed some posts before. Looks like the gpu is not being initialized correctly.

An idea could be the use of imac 12,x or Mac Mini 5,x. But after some research they have been sold only with AMD graphic cards. It seems, that while on sandy bridge, apple had no combination of that cpu and an nvidia gpu in either computer model. maybe stick to ivy then which is quite "near" to sandy and had the combination with an nvidia card?

I tried to do a cross-check with live ubuntu 14.04. Unfortunately, there is a long existing flaw with newer nvidia drivers ( nvidia, ubuntu-bug1, askubuntu) so it was not possible to test. Currently there is no windows on my 8560w, so that feature could not be tested on another OS.

I tried to do a cross-check with live ubuntu 14.04. Unfortunately, there is a long existing flaw with newer nvidia drivers ( nvidia, ubuntu-bug1, askubuntu) so it was not possible to test. Currently there is no windows on my 8560w, so that feature could not be tested on another OS.

The brightness and VGA should need NVCAP, I will look into this when I have time, but you should do some investigation too. There is a NVCAP Maker around.

The brightness and VGA should need NVCAP, I will look into this when I have time, but you should do some investigation too. There is a NVCAP Maker around.

Used Darwin dumper to extract video bios, applied NVCAP maker on it. That gave:
Code:
[FONT=UICTFontTextStyleBody]0400000000000700000000000000000700000000[/FONT]

In clover wiki NVCAP was described and how to be added in config.plist / graphics section:
Code:
[FONT=courier new][COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#000080]<key>[/COLOR]NVCAP[COLOR=#000080]</key>
<string>[/COLOR][/COLOR]0400000000000700000000000000000700000000[COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#000080]</string>[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
Tried that on both EFI folders: the fresh generated one by PBI 6.2.17 and the old one with the .aml files from nguyenmac. In both boot.log the new NVCAP was visible, but brightness was still not working.

PS: I wrote a more detailed post some days ago with logs, links and more formatting, but that needs to be activated by an administrator. That did not happen, therefore this more reduced one.

Used Darwin dumper to extract video bios, applied NVCAP maker on it. That gave:
Code:
[FONT=UICTFontTextStyleBody]0400000000000700000000000000000700000000[/FONT]

In clover wiki NVCAP was described and how to be added in config.plist / graphics section:
Code:
[FONT=courier new][COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#000080]<key>[/COLOR]NVCAP[COLOR=#000080]</key>
<string>[/COLOR][/COLOR]0400000000000700000000000000000700000000[COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#000080]</string>[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
Tried that on both EFI folders: the fresh generated one by PBI 6.2.17 and the old one with the .aml files from nguyenmac. In both boot.log the new NVCAP was visible, but brightness was still not working.

PS: I wrote a more detailed post some days ago with logs, links and more formatting, but that needs to be activated by an administrator. That did not happen, therefore this more reduced one.

Copy the files to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched, then post your new ioreg file. Make sure you are using files from PBI CE.

Attachments

• SSDT-1.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 146
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back