Contribute
Register

"ACPI System State" error with supported video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
"ACPI System State" hang with supported video card?

Hey, I'm new to Hackintosh, trying out my first install.

Can boot into Chameleon, but hang at ACPI System State (S0 S3 S4 S5) [S3] when trying to launch/install OSX. I've read and followed a couple of guides (including ones specific to my mobo).
Flashed my bios to the latest stable, followed recommended BIOS settings. I've also tried a bunch of different flags, and have the DSDT file for my mobo but I am under the impression this should be applied post-install(?).

As far as I've been able to research, I should be ready-to-go peripheral wise, and as I understand this error is usually caused by an onboard graphics chip.
Does this mean OSX is failing to see/initialise my gfx card? Could this be related to the new BIOS somehow, or the settings therein? Any non-obvious settings I can look at?

Here's my system:
Gigabyte P55-USB3 rev 2.0 (F9 bios)
i7 870 B1 3.2GHz
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 465
4GB RAM, DDR3 (Kingston KVR 2x2GB)
120GB Intel SSD (partioned 80/40 for Win7/ML)
1TB HDD
VIA chipset FW400 add-on card

Thanks, and please let me know if there's more information I could give to make it easier for you to help.
edit: added as much info as I can think of. ..anyone?

Am I missing something? :crazy:

I've read everything I can find on this and still haven't found this resolved, in fact most topics on it are unreplied to.. Am I asking a really stupid question or something? Is there some invisible FAQ where this is all addressed and your endless contempt precludes you from bothering to point this out? Is there simply no solution aside from continually trying different stuff? I appreciate that maybe people don't want to give useless answers but any answer at all would be nice at this point.. :beachball::beachball::beachball:

edit: Here is an image of what happens when I try to boot OSX.

IMG_20131222_143609.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back