Contribute
Register

Acer v7 582PG-6421 Compability

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Backlight Problem: After enabling HD4400 my Display Backlight is disabled ... setting in CLOVER has no affect

What do you mean "disabled?" No control in Sysprefs->Displays or no backlight at all (black screen)?

2. AppStore, Facetime and iMessage are working, but iCloud says there is a communication problem. Already tried some guides (delete all connections, delete the Network Preferences file, reboot and readd). The main Problem (i think) is, that my Ethernet card is not working (it shows up, but didn´t get a valid IP-Address [self assigned address]) @Frati, which kext are you using for your V5?

What Ethernet device do you have?

3. There is a way to inject "Device Properties" in CLOVER, how to i add multiple Strings to this option (DPCI states to different strings for W-Lan and Ethernet).

There is a device-properties capability (see the Clover wiki), but really you should use _DSM DSDT injection for this kind of thing. What are you trying to accomplish?

What do you mean "disabled?" No control in Sysprefs->Displays or no backlight at all (black screen)?

backlight works but is to dark, I've the controls in sysprefs but they have no affect. Function Keys on Keyboard the same.

What Ethernet device do you have?

RTL8111/8168/8411 ... tried different kexts but the only one which recognize my chip is RealtekRTL8111.kext but i don't get a connection (always self assigned IP)

There is a device-properties capability (see the Clover wiki), but really you should use _DSM DSDT injection for this kind of thing. What are you trying to accomplish?

i´ve read that this could be a solution for my iCloud problem. i will read through DSDT injection tutorials, thank you for the tip.

backlight works but is to dark, I've the controls in sysprefs but they have no affect. Function Keys on Keyboard the same.

Often the slider works only after display sleep/wake cycle. Use 'blinkscreen' from the ProBook Installer if that works. Other possibilities are here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

RTL8111/8168/8411 ... tried different kexts but the only one which recognize my chip is RealtekRTL8111.kext but i don't get a connection (always self assigned IP)

It could be your chip is too new and not yet supported. Mieze is planning an update based on the latest Linux driver which should provide better support for some of the newer chips.

i´ve read that this could be a solution for my iCloud problem. i will read through DSDT injection tutorials, thank you for the tip.

Hi,about LAN,you can try these:
(Offical Driver,earllier)
http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

(Open Source Driver,newer)
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/

Hope helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back