Contribute
Register

Acer v7 582PG-6421 Compability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, did you have any luck with the v7 582PG? I have the same model and I would love to run osx on it :)

Hello,

ive got an Aver V7-582PG ... for now i can tell you the following:

Got Mavericks installed (after combining several Tutorials for Haswell Plattform) with the Patched mach_kernel on this page.

As far as i can see, the W-Lan Module is not soldered ... but i´ve not replaced it yet, the other problems are higher ranked ;)

The biggest Problem at the moment is, that the Intel 4500u CPU has a HD4400 Integraded Graphics Chip on it, which is not supported by MacOSx ... it runs with "unknown graphic" and 64 MB shared memory. The GeForce 750M gets recognized but doesn´t work (i think thats a optimus problem). The BIOS in the V7 is "censored" so you have no access to the Advanced Tab where you (perhabs) could disable optimus and/or the integrated Graphics. Also there are no BIOS Mods out. I´ve tried to hack the BIOS by my self (until know without success).

So a short overview:

What works (short list ;) ):
Boot into OSx Mavericks with Clover and SaveMode
1920x1080x32 resolution
Touchpad & Keyboard

What does not work:
W-Lan
Graphics
Ethernet (says connected, but it isnt)
Audio (have not tried any kext until now since i have to solve the graphics problem first)
Touchscreen

I´am currently thinking of sending back my V7 and wait for the Lenovo Y510p (which has an Intel HD4600 Graphic Chip, which should be supported)

The biggest Problem at the moment is, that the Intel 4500u CPU has a HD4400 Integraded Graphics Chip on it, which is not supported by MacOSx ... it runs with "unknown graphic" and 64 MB shared memory. The GeForce 750M gets recognized but doesn´t work (i think thats a optimus problem).

Optimus is not supported, and therefore neither is the 750M. But you should try to get your HD4400 working. Last I checked, the HD4400 was supported by the drivers. Use DPCIManager to verify your device-id, then check the drivers for a match.

You probably need to set the ig-platform-id. So far, I've had good results using Chameleon for this task (set with IntelAzulFB). See here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288241-intel-hd4000-and-haswell-inject-aaplig-platform-id/

What WiFi is it? Use DPCIManager...

Ethernet (says connected, but it isnt)

What Ethernet chip is it? What driver have you tried?

thanks rehabman,

today i´ve successfully drived the Intel HD 4400 with Enoch Bootloader ... sadly i´ve no luck to do the same with clover until now, but there is light on the horizon (hope this sentence means the same in english than in german :) ).

W-Lan is a Intel n72xx tribleband card (i will replace it with a working one, as far as i know intel w-lan cards are not supported).

Ethernet: Realtek RTL 8168 ... searching the correct kext ... (tried the two from multibeast)

thanks rehabman,

today i´ve successfully drived the Intel HD 4400 with Enoch Bootloader ... sadly i´ve no luck to do the same with clover until now, but there is light on the horizon (hope this sentence means the same in english than in german :) ).

Clover changes coming for speed/clock problem?

W-Lan is a Intel n72xx tribleband card (i will replace it with a working one, as far as i know intel w-lan cards are not supported).

What you know is correct. There is no support for Intel WiFi in OS X.

Ethernet: Realtek RTL 8168 ... searching the correct kext ... (tried the two from multibeast)

You might try slice's RealtekR1000SL.kext.

Clover changes coming for speed/clock problem?
You might try slice's RealtekR1000SL.kext.

Clover and Enoch working Fine regarding to Clock/Speed Problem.
Still searching a way to Successfully load Intel HD 4400 with Clover ...

On Ethernet:
ive already tried:
RealtekR1000SL.kext (does not work)
RealtekRTL8111 from insanelymac (gets loaded but IP Adress is always "self assigned")
and the two from multibeast

no success until now.

The other thing is the sound card ... DPCIManager says
Vendor: 10EC
Device 5287
Codec Name (Status Tab) and Device Name (PCI List) stated Null

The Datasheet writes a ALC 282 Chip tried a few kext until know ... could you tell me if a VoodooHDA could drive this chip?

Clover and Enoch working Fine regarding to Clock/Speed Problem.
Still searching a way to Successfully load Intel HD 4400 with Clover ...

Something like this:
Code:
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DualLink</key>
		<integer>1</integer>
		<key>ig-platform-id</key>
		<string>0x0a260006</string>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<true/>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
	</dict>

Of course, you'll have to find the proper value for 0xa260006 (IntelAzulFB=12). Look in your ioreg (GFX0 device) for ig-platform-id using a bootloader that is working for you.

On Ethernet:
ive already tried:
RealtekR1000SL.kext (does not work)
RealtekRTL8111 from insanelymac (gets loaded but IP Adress is always "self assigned")
and the two from multibeast

no success until now.

You will probably have to wait for Mieze's new version later this winter. See here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/page-15#entry1967994

The other thing is the sound card ... DPCIManager says
Vendor: 10EC
Device 5287
Codec Name (Status Tab) and Device Name (PCI List) stated Null

Audio generally involves patching AppleHDA (for the best results). Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'...

The Datasheet writes a ALC 282 Chip tried a few kext until know ... could you tell me if a VoodooHDA could drive this chip?

VoodooHDA is another possibility, but the results are generally not as good as patched AppleHDA. Easier to setup, but often buggy/unstable. Maybe you should search around for patched AppleHDA for Realtek ALC282?

Success!

With latest Clover Version (Rev. 2377), i was able to start Mavericks with Intel HD 4400 Support ... FullHD Movies are working so far ...

Still trying to bring the network up, for W-Lan i´ve ordered a Atheros W-Lan Module ... hope they will send it soon.

What works so far with V7-582PG:
- UEFI Boot with Clover & Mavericks
- Multitouch Pad (Elan)
- Battery Status
- USB 2.0 and 3.0
- Intel HD 4400 Graphic support
- Keyboard and Backlight
- Bluetooth
- second SSD on msata port (pretty nice to share files between Linux, Windows and OSx :) )

Whats open:
- Ethernet (RTL 8168)
- W-Lan (Atheros Module ordered)
- Audio Support
- Optimus Support (with GeForce 750M) currently, and perhabs in future, not possible

Not tested so far:
- iMessage
- iCloud
- everything else not mentioned and not thought of ;)

macosx.jpg

i have the same ultra book but with HP bluetooth, i replaced wifi with AR9285 with bluetooth but bluetooth not working(rarely connects). the one that is in my v7 582PG is HP bluetooth USB device( if you have the kext file it would be appreciated).
How to install Clover UEFI bootloader. i like to try it ( i currently use Enoch with i5-4200U cpu)
Thank you in advance

Clover Installation is pretty easy (if you have already an EFI partition, don´t know how to install if no UEFI Partition is present):

Download the latest release (http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/)

Install with the settings shown on the last image from this guide: http://cloverboot.weebly.com/install-clover-to-usbhdd.html
Additionally mark "Install all RC scripts on all other boot devices".

Download Clover Configurator and load the boot.plist file from "EFI/CLOVER" directory.

uncheck "Fix Display", "Fix Airport" on the first pane and set your IG Platform ID (in my case [Intel HD 4400] 0x0A160000) in Graphics section and set "Inject EDID"

Reboot and start BIOS, enable UEFI Boot and disable Secure Boot (you can also add the Clover script to be accepted by Secure Boot).

try to boot with UEFI.

a complete guide can be found here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

--
So back to my V7 :) perhabs somebody could help me to fix the last issues:

1. Backlight Problem: After enabling HD4400 my Display Backlight is disabled ... setting in CLOVER has no affect

2. AppStore, Facetime and iMessage are working, but iCloud says there is a communication problem. Already tried some guides (delete all connections, delete the Network Preferences file, reboot and readd). The main Problem (i think) is, that my Ethernet card is not working (it shows up, but didn´t get a valid IP-Address [self assigned address]) @Frati, which kext are you using for your V5?

3. There is a way to inject "Device Properties" in CLOVER, how to i add multiple Strings to this option (DPCI states to different strings for W-Lan and Ethernet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back