Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi mates,
I ordered Acer Aspire v7 582PG-6421from Microsoft store, I wonder if it is hackintosh compatible

SPEC:
Windows 8 - 64-bit version - Intel® Core™ i5-4200U processor (1.6GHz/2.6GHz w/ Turbo Boost) - 8GB DDR3L memory - 1TB hard drive - 20GB solid state drive - 15.6" Full HD widescreen CineCrystal™ LED-backlit multi-touch display (1920 x 1080) - 10-point multi-touch control -NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 720M w/ 2GB dedicated DDR3 VRAM - Dolby® Advanced Audio® v4 enhancement - four built-in stereo speakers - webcam - Acer ZoomPerfect touchpad - Wi-Fi - Bluetooth® 4.0 - HDMI® - USB 3.0 - Acer converter port - card reader - 6.5-hour battery

Hi mates,
I ordered Acer Aspire v7 582PG-6421from Microsoft store, I wonder if it is hackintosh compatible

SPEC:
Windows 8 - 64-bit version - Intel® Core™ i5-4200U processor (1.6GHz/2.6GHz w/ Turbo Boost) - 8GB DDR3L memory - 1TB hard drive - 20GB solid state drive - 15.6" Full HD widescreen CineCrystal™ LED-backlit multi-touch display (1920 x 1080) - 10-point multi-touch control -NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 720M w/ 2GB dedicated DDR3 VRAM - Dolby® Advanced Audio® v4 enhancement - four built-in stereo speakers - webcam - Acer ZoomPerfect touchpad - Wi-Fi - Bluetooth® 4.0 - HDMI® - USB 3.0 - Acer converter port - card reader - 6.5-hour battery

Read this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/106791-laptop-compatibility.html

I can replace the wifi with Atheros 8295, but I like to know if it is replaceable please:headbang:
with this kind of laptop

I can replace the wifi with Atheros 8295, but I like to know if it is replaceable please:headbang:
with this kind of laptop

I think you meant AR9285...

But you never know until you try. The BIOS could be locked down (whitelist) and not allowing other cards to be installed. If you can find the service manual online, download it and read it. Often you can get clues about the supported cards.

I think you meant AR9285...

But you never know until you try. The BIOS could be locked down (whitelist) and not allowing other cards to be installed. If you can find the service manual online, download it and read it. Often you can get clues about the supported cards.

Yes u are right about it--> AR9285, I will try to download the service manual as you mentioned and will reply
Thanks a lot RehabMan:headbang:

EDIT: did not find anything regarding the replacement the wifi, I think it is soldered(OMG) I don't like it soldered and if it is not replaceable I will return it (have 30 days) :evil:

Yes u are right about it--> AR9285, I will try to download the service manual as you mentioned and will reply
Thanks a lot RehabMan:headbang:

EDIT: did not find anything regarding the replacement the wifi, I think it is soldered(OMG) I don't like it soldered and if it is not replaceable I will return it (have 30 days) :evil:

Soldered components are becoming more common as the demand for compact devices increases. Unfortunately, without new standards for replaceable components, you can't have the flexibility of replaceability/serviceability and compactness at the same time...

Have you installed Mac on your maschine? can you test if HD4400 can be drived, maybe you should try DSDT to drive it. good luck! wait for your good news

yea, i called acer tech support they don't have any v7(ultra book) that has access to its components from the back of it, this is a bad news i think but, i will wait till i receive the product and see if i can do anything that make it Hackintosh compatible, i did hackintosh my acer v3 and working flawless(replaced on wifi with AR9285)

yea, i called acer tech support they don't have any v7(ultra book) that has access to its components from the back of it, this is a bad news i think but, i will wait till i receive the product and see if i can do anything that make it Hackintosh compatible, i did hackintosh my acer v3 and working flawless(replaced on wifi with AR9285)

congrats! Acer V3? also with Haswell or IVB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back