Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro - Is it possible to add OSX with W10 already installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Hello

So I successfully built my first CustoMac Pro and everything is running very smoothly, which has brought me to this section of the forum since I have an Acer laptop lying around and noticed that people are adding OSX to it.

From what I have read so far, it is possible to add OSX with W10 installed on the system, but a lot of the posts are full of code and stuff that I really don't understand.

I have a 500GB partition that is empty aside from the other 500GB that is being used for system and storage. With the partition already made, can't I just plug in my USB that I used to install OSX on my desktop, boot from the USB, format the partition to one that OSX can use, and then be done with it?

Would love to know if this is possible or if there is something I don't know.

Hello

So I successfully built my first CustoMac Pro and everything is running very smoothly, which has brought me to this section of the forum since I have an Acer laptop lying around and noticed that people are adding OSX to it.

From what I have read so far, it is possible to add OSX with W10 installed on the system, but a lot of the posts are full of code and stuff that I really don't understand.

I have a 500GB partition that is empty aside from the other 500GB that is being used for system and storage. With the partition already made, can't I just plug in my USB that I used to install OSX on my desktop, boot from the USB, format the partition to one that OSX can use, and then be done with it?

Would love to know if this is possible or if there is something I don't know.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I was referring to that guide in my OP actually, haha. I really just wanted a simple answer as to if what I mentioned was possible.

Can the USB that I created for when I installed OSX on my first hackintosh be used in the same fashion to install OSX on my Acer Laptop? That being, boot from the USB, format the partition to the correct type, install OSX, etc.?

Nevermind, I just went ahead and installed it to the Acer and I am on my way to having it all set up. Only issues I'm facing are getting the keyboard and track pad to work and getting my 5500 gfx to use more than 7mb. Other than that, I seem to have got it.

Nevermind, I just went ahead and installed it to the Acer and I am on my way to having it all set up. Only issues I'm facing are getting the keyboard and track pad to work and getting my 5500 gfx to use more than 7mb. Other than that, I seem to have got it.

Laptops require special configuration. Read FAQ/guide provided in post #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back