Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-791G with Sierra (10.12.2) onboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed I do. But systems just boots stright from the bios. It's almost the same as before, but now it can sleep for infinite time, not just 1 second or so.

Indeed I do. But systems just boots stright from the bios. It's almost the same as before, but now it can sleep for infinite time, not just 1 second or so.

Sounds like reboot on wake. Likely a problem in your ACPI patching, or some other kext/device you installed.

I am still in search of an issue.

So it is clear for me that before I had instant wake and then reboot on wake. No as I cleared instant wake the last one (reboot on wake) still present.

By the way - I was unable to rename IGU in all SSDT as in SSDT-7 (if I am not wrong) cases files would bot compile due to syntax error after patching ( seems like somewhere additional } has been placed).

I am still in search of an issue.

So it is clear for me that before I had instant wake and then reboot on wake. No as I cleared instant wake the last one (reboot on wake) still present.

By the way - I was unable to rename IGU in all SSDT as in SSDT-7 (if I am not wrong) cases files would bot compile due to syntax error after patching ( seems like somewhere additional } has been placed).

If you have a problem, describe it clearly.
And provide "Problem Reporting" files as requested in the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I'ts me again.

Seems I did everything but still instant reboot upon wake after sleep. Diag attached. Could you please guide me where to look? It may be that I did not patch all GPU staff but as mentioned above files fails to compile after patching.

Apart of it everything is fine: 5Ghz wifi, sound, usb.

Attachments

• diag-9.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
I'ts me again.

Seems I did everything but still instant reboot upon wake after sleep. Diag attached. Could you please guide me where to look? It may be that I did not patch all GPU staff but as mentioned above files fails to compile after patching.

Apart of it everything is fine: 5Ghz wifi, sound, usb.

Files in ACPI/origin are too old. Do current extract (delete all files there, then recollect with Clover F4).

Attached (Clover only)!

P.S. I am starting to think that 10.11 had to be much wiser choice....

Attachments

• CLOVER-9-1.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
Attached (Clover only)!

P.S. I am starting to think that 10.11 had to be much wiser choice....

ACPI is patched incorrectly. For some reason you used the _PRW 0x6d patch when your DSDT clearly uses 0x0d.
I didn't look any further after I found that mistake...

FYI.

I hackintoshed a VN7-591G which I suppose has a very similar hardware configuration. (4710HQ, 860M, ALC283, Synaptics USB touchpad...) I can confirm that the touchpad can only work in emulated mouse mode.

Regarding sleep/wake, initially (before DSDT/SSDT patching, that is) I had the same instant-reboot-on-wake issue, and the issue is gone once I've done all the patching.

I would suggest that you start from freshly extracted ACPI files and patch extensively - including the USB _PRW fix, IGPU PM, dGPU-related SSDT cleanup/fixes, and generating SSDT.aml using ssdtPRGen.sh.

Strictly follow these and you should be good:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

DSDT clearly uses 0x0d
Done. Please see attached Clover folder.

I would suggest that you start from freshly extracted ACPI files and patch extensively
I did it already but I had to state it clearly. I reinstalled OS X from scratch with all patching I knew that was needed. As I mentioned there is an error with IGPU patch. In my SSDT-7 files there are lots of GPU related lines. Patch GFX0 to IGPU brings a compilation error 1186, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}' and 2801, 6126, syntax error, unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File . It seems that somewhere one } has been added and I'm not able to find where. May be I'm not that good in using diff utility.

Patch for PCI0.GFX0 which should be applied to DSDT file generates other error during compilation attempt 4817, 6085, Object not found or not accessible from scope (^^GFX0.DD1F) (to be honest - several such errors).

So I am abit stuck with the issue.

I can confirm that the touchpad can only work in emulated mouse mode.
No wunder! It seems that for original Apple touchpad a firmware is loaded and it is (surprise) not compatible with the device used in Acer laptops. By the way, we might benefit from a driver used in Linux, but I never checked it against multitouch.

Attachments

• CLOVER-10.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back