Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-791G with Sierra (10.12.2) onboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, updated my attached files and tested before posting them with installed kexts to system with same result.

Why are you calling _ON/_OFF from _PTS/_WAK? Your profile/signature says you don't have any dual GPU... And, if your profile is inaccurate, you should try both with and without those patches.

Brightness not patched correctly (wrong ACPI patch used). Should be using SSDT-PNLF.aml...

The lid related problems might be due to _L1B actions. Try removing the code there...

It was a while of more or less happy use of my Acer with Sierra... but a day ago it went asleep (as it always did), but after waking up the screen was black.

I do know system is there as I can use hotkeys and hear sounds, open DVD drive etc. But no screen what's or ever. I tried to hook up external monitor (no success), tried to play with brightness (voice over confirmed it's full) - no success.

Al that I can find googling is related to some kext files that I can't access or should not as it was ok for so long time.

My question now is:
1. If I need some files - how to get them out except taking HDD to another computer?
2. Are there any kernel boot parameters to play with brightness?
3. May be I can use SSH?

Last edited:
UPD.
Ok, it it brightness control: whatever is set in Os X is ignored by hardware. During Boot, after clover when the Apple logo with the progress bar appears, gust after crossing middle of the bar brightness fades down to 0.

Using a strong flashlight I can see what is on the screen and manage to trigger brightness settings in Display menu. No effect. So where to look/?

UPD.
Ok, it it brightness control: whatever is set in Os X is ignored by hardware. During Boot, after clover when the Apple logo with the progress bar appears, gust after crossing middle of the bar brightness fades down to 0.

Using a strong flashlight I can see what is on the screen and manage to trigger brightness settings in Display menu. No effect. So where to look/?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hello,

i had time to work again on my hackintosh to get rid of my last problems.
First of all i use advanced bios and disabled EHC1 + 2 manually and routed USB pins to XHC (screenshot attached)

But some things are still frustrating me:

1. My LAN port isnt working. Plugin not recognized. Result = no internet acess.
2. LID close = sleep working = LID open nothing happens = use power button = login screen appears. My usb connected touchpad isnt working sometimes anymore until reboot. If i use Apple>sleep = sleep working = LID open nothing happens = use power button = have to press a key to get picture and see my login screen. My usb connected touchpad isnt working anymore until reboot.

My question for point two is what can i do to get my touchpad working after sleep and what can i do to get automatic picture if i wake my laptop when i use Apple>sleep

thanks in advanced

EDIT: I am using Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1036)

Attachments

• IMG_2380.JPG
    IMG_2380.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 169
  • Problem Reporting.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
Hello,

i had time to work again on my hackintosh to get rid of my last problems.
First of all i use advanced bios and disabled EHC1 + 2 manually and routed USB pins to XHC (screenshot attached)

But some things are still frustrating me:

1. My LAN port isnt working. Plugin not recognized. Result = no internet acess.
2. LID close = sleep working = LID open nothing happens = use power button = login screen appears. My usb connected touchpad isnt working sometimes anymore until reboot. If i use Apple>sleep = sleep working = LID open nothing happens = use power button = have to press a key to get picture and see my login screen. My usb connected touchpad isnt working anymore until reboot.

My question for point two is what can i do to get my touchpad working after sleep and what can i do to get automatic picture if i wake my laptop when i use Apple>sleep

thanks in advanced

EDIT: I am using Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1036)

Your kextcache shows kexts are not installed correctly.
Read post #2 of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Does your lid work for wakeup in Windows?

Yes it is there working fine. Also wake via a key or lid open is working in windows.

Yes it is there working fine. Also wake via a key or lid open is working in windows.

I think XWAK might be doing something you don't expect.
Best to keep all USB ports on XHC and disable EHCI.
See USBInjectAll guide linked from the FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back