Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-791G with Sierra (10.12.2) onboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it might mix things up...
But regarding AppleUSBMultitouch.kext.

I went through regular procedure of modifying VendorID and one of DeviceID's with no luck. There are 4 blocks of sets 2 as a pair and 2 separate (compared by DeviceID Arrey). So I modified the first pair and rest of them one at a time. No luck. It seems there might be some additional check somewhere along kext load path that prevents it to be loaded.

I found original MacBookPro 11,2 IOReg (attached) and am wondering could I use Clover to inject proper USB device or modify kext to finally load it.

Could you point me how to trace what is loading AppleUSBMultitouch.kext? Or how to trace it's rejection?

I do think the example form Clover wiki will do:
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDAController</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Patch_to_not_load_this_driver</string>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<string>0x04020000</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<string>0x44220000</string>
</dict>

So definitely 2 such patches will be needed for DevID and VendorID at least!

Attachments

• MacBookPro112.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 81
Not much (

How it happens:
  1. I close all app's
  2. From Apple menu select "Sleep..."
  3. Immediately after that display is switched OFF, all the rest of the system remains ON (famous Apple 25sec timer)
  4. After about 30sec systems tries to turn off\sleep (system activity led turns orange (normal blue)
  5. Immediately after #4 it reboots
I can't find anything specific in syslog or any other file. It is not a wake - it is a clean reboot (BIOS > Clover > OS X) as if I leave an application like Terminal it opens a new session.

To be honest I could not think where to dig.

I do think I have to go through https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Not much (

How it happens:
  1. I close all app's
  2. From Apple menu select "Sleep..."
  3. Immediately after that display is switched OFF, all the rest of the system remains ON (famous Apple 25sec timer)
  4. After about 30sec systems tries to turn off\sleep (system activity led turns orange (normal blue)
  5. Immediately after #4 it reboots
I can't find anything specific in syslog or any other file. It is not a wake - it is a clean reboot (BIOS > Clover > OS X) as if I leave an application like Terminal it opens a new session.

To be honest I could not think where to dig.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Also, BTFirmwareUploader.kext is known to have issues with sleep.
Questionable kexts:
AnyCardReader.kext
AppleUSBCardReader.kext
BluetoothDevBroadcomInjector.kext
SmoothMouse.kext
  • SmoothMouse.kext - removed, was experimenting with touchpad
  • AnyCardReader.kext - removed, used to enable Realtek card reader
  • AppleUSBCardReader.kext - removed, used to enable Realtek card reader
Following is needed tor my Broadcom card
  • BluetoothDevBroadcomInjector.kext

What could be done with BTFirmwareUploader.kext?

Why is IOBluetoothFamily.kext patched?
What is com.bongiovi.DPSReflector
o

Why you think that IOBluetoothFamily.kext was patched?

I think com.bongiovi.DPSReflector is a part of a package used to increase sound volume as AppleHDA or VoodooHDA are generating very low volume sound (even compared to windows). So I used http://bongiovidps.com as a solution. Removed for test propose.

Last edited:
Symptoms are:
Close LID or press Sleep... from Apple menu makes laptop sleeping.
It is a real sleep, not compared to what was before: fans down, HDD down, display down and a orange LED blinking

BUT, I am unable to wake it:
  • Press a mouse
  • Press any kay on keyboard
  • Insert USB
  • open\close CD drive
What ever - system stays asleep.
The only possible solution is to press power button and go through normal boot process.

I searched across Internet an found that on Sierra hibernation does not work. Ok, I issued following commands to be sure that I have disabled hibernation:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
cd /var/vm/
sudo rm -rf sleepimage
sudo mkdir ./sleepimage

It did nothing - system goes to sleep and could not be waken.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back