Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3/S5 Ultrabook Master Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I am new to this so bare with me... I've been looking through some of the articles here bit I'm a little confused. I want to know if I buy the Acer Aspire S3-391-6046 with Intel i3, would I be able to install osx and dual boot with windows 8. Also how would I do this and would everything work properly? Again I am a noob, thanks in advance

Dual Boot shouldn't be a problem.
SD card reader will not work under Mac OSX
Wifi and Bluetooth is not supported, but you can replace it with a Native mini-PCI Wifi or Wifi/BT combo card for USD$10 on ebay
but if you have one of those onboard Wifi, you will have to use a USB wifi adaptor

We have lots of Great guide here for S3 391, you should be fine
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/114040-guide-acer-s3-391-ivy-bridge.html

Hi everyone :)

I have th model R) S5-391 with i5-3317u (1.7GHz/Turbo 2.6GHz) *Ivy Bridge CPU*
intel HD 4000 Graphics
4GB DDR3/USB 3.0/Thunderbolt/Bluetooth 4.0/128GB SSD

Ive installed Mavericks ( Installer only worked with -X) Now the computer is booting (with -X) up and i've installed multibeast, but the trackpad doesn't work, and I don't know why its only booting in safe mode. With normal boot it hung where the litle sign spinning below the apple logo. Any ideas?

Thank You

any one that still wanne swap 48.4qp06.011 the card i have a soldered wifi + msata and id like to have the other one, i live in holland. x joella

This is not true, i found out that you can change/swap the daughter card, it only cost 40 ~ 50 dollar. But i ran to a other problem. I can't use App Store properly cause i dont have a LAN now can you guys use appostore? or is there a vital driver somewhere

xxx

did support stopped? well anyway on insanelymac I'm making a full guide for the s3-391 with hd3000 i3, were almost done, at the moment were debugging the brightness keys

Hi guys, congratulations for the topic and the forum :; i'm planing on install mavericks on my s3-951 intel i5 and hd3000, what wifi card supported by mac can i buy?? And how can i put the topbar (Finder bar i think) transparent like a real mac? Because in my hackintosh is white, thankyou guys ;)

Hey Hwthrn ,
I bought the same Acer Ultrabook as you except mine has a Intel Core i3 3217um :)
Does yours work with Mavericks?
and if possible do you have a complete package of kexts and files required :)

Hi guys, congratulations for the topic and the forum :; i'm planing on install mavericks on my s3-951 intel i5 and hd3000, what wifi card supported by mac can i buy?? And how can i put the topbar (Finder bar i think) transparent like a real mac? Because in my hackintosh is white, thankyou guys ;)

It means you don't have HD3000 working correctly. What does DPCIManager show under PCIList?

Hey Hwthrn ,
I bought the same Acer Ultrabook as you except mine has a Intel Core i3 3217um :)
Does yours work with Mavericks?
and if possible do you have a complete package of kexts and files required :)

It should be possible. What kexts/files/DSDT patches you require will depend specifically on what hardware is in the laptop.

I havent got mac in the s3, i have it in another pc with nvidia gt630 andi think that display_xxx i cant remember it. And what wireless card? It should be mini pci-e i think. Thanks for all guy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back