Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3/S5 Ultrabook Master Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting there with mavericks on my ivy bridge s3-391... Bare in mind i did an UPGRADE from ML, not clean install.

I started off fresh with a clean DSDT and applied the following of Rehabman's patches.

- HD4000 Low res.
- IRQ Fix
- HPET Fix
- 7-series USB
- SMBUS Fix
- RTC Fix
- AC Adapter Fix (with/without)
- OS Check Fix
- Brightness Fix

Graphics working, speedstep working,multitouch working,Brightness working, Wifi ( detected but no signal ),USB3 working

Just got sound working by applying Rehabman's Audio layout ID (advanced) patch, changed 12 to 28 and used this ApppleHDA
http://www.osx86.net/files/file/34-applehda-alc269-for-mavericks/

However, at the moment since installing Mavericks i have been unable to enter sleep. It just goes to black screen and stays powered on. Tap keyboard and its screen and still running.

However, at the moment since installing Mavericks i have been unable to enter sleep. It just goes to black screen and stays powered on. Tap keyboard and its screen and still running.

Give it time. There is about a 20 second delay from the time you request sleep to where Mavericks starts sleep. It appears to be by design.

Give it time. There is about a 20 second delay from the time you request sleep to where Mavericks starts sleep. It appears to be by design.

Hi,

I waited approx 3 mins, and the power light stayed on ( didn't flash like standby) then pressed a key and nothing happened. had to force power-off

EDIT!

Fixed it! Forgot to add -gux_defer_usb2 to boot plist. booted with gux defer and it now seems to sleep/wake fine!

Hi,

I waited approx 3 mins, and the power light stayed on ( didn't flash like standby) then pressed a key and nothing happened. had to force power-off

That's different... sounds like it is locking up either during the process of sleeping. Have you implemented power management? http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed it! Forgot to add -gux_defer_usb2 to boot plist. booted with gux defer and it now seems to sleep/wake fine!

Great...

Extract your DSDT in Windows, it is crucial, this way you can make sure it is native:
https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBo...-using-windows

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but how to extract the DSDT if you don't have a Windows install? (My harddrive ate itself soon after I got my S3, but I also didn't put much effort into repairing it as I didn't want to keep the Windows install anyway. Long story short, the Windows install is gone.)

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but how to extract the DSDT if you don't have a Windows install? (My harddrive ate itself soon after I got my S3, but I also didn't put much effort into repairing it as I didn't want to keep the Windows install anyway. Long story short, the Windows install is gone.)

You can also extract using Linux. Or if you can boot your system into OS X (without a patched DSDT), then you can simply extract from OS X (just run MaciASL).

I'm getting a few teething problems at the mo on mavericks...

Sometimes when i boot up the touchpad doesn't work. other times the sound doesn't work.

Tried with and without kernel cache.

I believe it is probably down to the modified kexts having invalid signatures but not entirely sure.

Haven't figured out why it doesn't always happen. Could also be cold boot related, maybe.

Also, though the laptop goes to sleep, it seems to randomly wake up. Tried without any usb devices plugged in and my built in wifi is currently not working so can't be WOL.

I'm getting a few teething problems at the mo on mavericks...

Sometimes when i boot up the touchpad doesn't work. other times the sound doesn't work.

Tried with and without kernel cache.

I believe it is probably down to the modified kexts having invalid signatures but not entirely sure.

I don't think so. The whole kext signing thing amounts to only output in system.log. Nothing is functionally inpaired.

Haven't figured out why it doesn't always happen. Could also be cold boot related, maybe.

Also, though the laptop goes to sleep, it seems to randomly wake up. Tried without any usb devices plugged in and my built in wifi is currently not working so can't be WOL.

You might provide some details about how you installed Maverics on your laptop. And it might be more appropriate to do it in the Mavericks forum.

I don't think so. The whole kext signing thing amounts to only output in system.log. Nothing is functionally inpaired.

You might provide some details about how you installed Maverics on your laptop. And it might be more appropriate to do it in the Mavericks forum.

Yeah, sorry i don't mean to post OT. I'm going to write another guide and post it in the Mav forum.

Just thought fellow s3 users might like to hear of current progress and also help shed light on the issue.

Just spotted an S3 thread on Mav forum so will ask in there!

Hello everyone, I am new to this so bare with me... I've been looking through some of the articles here bit I'm a little confused. I want to know if I buy the Acer Aspire S3-391-6046 with Intel i3, would I be able to install osx and dual boot with windows 8. Also how would I do this and would everything work properly? Again I am a noob, thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back