Contribute
Register

Acer aspire E5 574g Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
well horse gotta wait couple more months. saving money for an ipad.

Fingers crossed.

yeah you are right and i will do a fresh install and do the things right way but as of now i am hoping i am not too far from getting a decent working hack.
just trying to avoid putting that much effort again and end up right where i am at the moment.

Let me know when you're ready to remove and/or replace the unsupported WiFi hardware...

Let me know when you're ready to remove and/or replace the unsupported WiFi hardware...

Could you please look at my debug files attached in last reply. I tried correcting usb configuration using the guide you mentioned. Added the new ssdt file but. Still showing 15/18 ports iOregon.

Didn’t apply the port patch.

I will probably try to remove the pcie tonight.

Could you please look at my debug files attached in last reply. I tried correcting usb configuration using the guide you mentioned. Added the new ssdt file but. Still showing 15/18 ports iOregon.

You're using kernel flag -uia_ignore_rmcf. As should be expected, USBInjectAll.kext ignores all content in your SSDT-UIAC.aml.

You're using kernel flag -uia_ignore_rmcf. As should be expected, USBInjectAll.kext ignores all content in your SSDT-UIAC.aml.

Ok so today i removed my old dsdt and started from scratch, i applied only few patches mentioned in graphics disable guide.
brightness working and nvidia not showing up so thats good.

sleep is kind of working. I mean if i leave my machine for some time then the computer try to go to sleep and screen goes black though lid is still blue (red for sleep) latest development is now screen doesnt light up on its own like before and i get login screen after pressing space bar.

maybe it has to do with usb configuration which i tried multiple times but cant figure out wheres the issue.

Attachments

• debug_3029.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 83
Ok so today i removed my old dsdt and started from scratch, i applied only few patches mentioned in graphics disable guide.
brightness working and nvidia not showing up so thats good.

sleep is kind of working. I mean if i leave my machine for some time then the computer try to go to sleep and screen goes black though lid is still blue (red for sleep) latest development is now screen doesnt light up on its own like before and i get login screen after pressing space bar.

maybe it has to do with usb configuration which i tried multiple times but cant figure out wheres the issue.

Your SSDT-UIAC.aml is coded incorrectly. The "ports" package size is wrong. Since the data is invalid, USBInjectAll.kext ignores all of it.

This:
Code:
                "ports",
                Package (0x18)
                {

Should be:
Code:
                "ports",
                Package (0x0C)
                {

As is written in the guide, all package sizes should be left unspecified so that the compiler will calculate them for you.
If you look at template SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl in github, you will see:
Code:
                "ports",
                Package()
                {

Your SSDT-UIAC.aml is coded incorrectly. The "ports" package size is wrong. Since the data is invalid, USBInjectAll.kext ignores all of it.

This:
Code:
                "ports",
                Package (0x18)
                {

Should be:
Code:
                "ports",
                Package (0x0C)
                {

As is written in the guide, all package sizes should be left unspecified so that the compiler will calculate them for you.
If you look at template SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl in github, you will see:
Code:
                "ports",
                Package()
                {

still no success.

Attachments

• debug_5954.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
still no success.

Install debug USBInjectAll.kext. Reply with PR files.

Note: You should code "8086_9d2f", not "8086_9dxx".
Also, an XDSM method in USBX will not do what you want. Must be _DSM.

Also, your USBInjectAll.kext is old. You have 0.6.6, current is 0.6.7. Always use latest version.

Last edited:
Install debug USBInjectAll.kext. Reply with PR files.

Note: You should code "8086_9d2f", not "8086_9dxx".
Also, an XDSM method in USBX will not do what you want. Must be _DSM.

Also, your USBInjectAll.kext is old. You have 0.6.6, current is 0.6.7. Always use latest version.

Success !!
many thanks. No one is better than you when it comes to hackintoshing.
Sleep started working now. For this week i'll test its stability for a week and will probably write an overkill detailed guide for this laptop.

I'll send it to you to just point out any conceptual mistakes on my part.

Thanks again.

could you please share your EFI Folder ? I have exact same model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back