the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,
I am new to hackintosh world. I have successfully booted into OSX sierra using rehabman's laptop guide.
1. for Graphics again followed rehabman's guide to enable my HD 520 but cant get nvidia card to disable using DSDT patches as i dont understand that stuff much. putting custom DSDT causes kernel panic everytime. so this is one issue if someone can please help me with.
2. for Brightness followed rehabman's guide and i think i followed all the steps correctly, got the brightness slider using AppleBacklightInjector but nothing happens on sliding the slider, connection with hardware seems to be broken.

I have generated the problem reporting files using a tool by black.dragon74

Attachments

• debug_12628.zip
    2 MB · Views: 80
Hello all,
I am new to hackintosh world. I have successfully booted into OSX sierra using rehabman's laptop guide.
1. for Graphics again followed rehabman's guide to enable my HD 520 but cant get nvidia card to disable using DSDT patches as i dont understand that stuff much. putting custom DSDT causes kernel panic everytime. so this is one issue if someone can please help me with.
2. for Brightness followed rehabman's guide and i think i followed all the steps correctly, got the brightness slider using AppleBacklightInjector but nothing happens on sliding the slider, connection with hardware seems to be broken.

I have generated the problem reporting files using a tool by black.dragon74

For #1, you provided no EFI/Clover with said "custom DSDT".
For #2, no ioreg in the PR files.

Ok i have attached the files you asked for.
ioregisterexplorer was downloaded by black.dragon74's tool so i hope the version is ok.

thank you

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    2.9 MB · Views: 109
  • DSDT.dsl
    674.7 KB · Views: 112
I know DSDT is saved with .aml extension, I just sent it in .dsl format so would be easier to read for you.putting that DSDT just results in kernel panic.

And thanks for the #2 read the guide again and i cant believe i missed such a big detail. I was still using ACPIBacklight kext. Finally got the brightness to work.

I will try the DSDT patch for #1 again and see if I get any success. So i just edit my DSDT.dsl and save it as DSDT.aml and put it in CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder ? no edits in config.plist right ?

By the way, if you don't mind, you can add a youtube link about how to get through Intel HD graphics issues from the very beginning till the end.
It would be easier for beginners, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading your discrete graphics guide again i think i have to put only ssdt-8.aml in patched folder.
I tried patching but system report still shows nvidia. can you please take a look at it.

Attachments

• SSDT-8-ACRPRDCT.aml
    12 KB · Views: 115
  • SSDT-8-ACRPRDCT.dsl
    55.3 KB · Views: 121
After reading your discrete graphics guide again i think i have to put only ssdt-8.aml in patched folder.
I tried patching but system report still shows nvidia. can you please take a look at it.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I posted this a while back and after many tries i eventually got my graphics disabled but as i was using paragon software my drive got corrupted and i had to reinstall. I have everything working except nvidia graphics still active.
Please look at the problem reporting files.
From your graphics disable guide i found that i had a EC reference in HGOF method which is in my _OFF method so i commented that code and added it to DSDT _REG method. Earlier it worked but this time no success.
Please Help.

Attachments

• terminal.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 89
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 87
  • ioreg.zip
    518.5 KB · Views: 81
  • RehabMan.zip
    54.3 KB · Views: 70
I posted this a while back and after many tries i eventually got my graphics disabled but as i was using paragon software my drive got corrupted and i had to reinstall. I have everything working except nvidia graphics still active.
Please look at the problem reporting files.
From your graphics disable guide i found that i had a EC reference in HGOF method which is in my _OFF method so i commented that code and added it to DSDT _REG method. Earlier it worked but this time no success.
Please Help.

ACPI not patched correctly. For example, no "OS Check Fix" patch applied.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.232984/

ACPI not patched correctly. For example, no "OS Check Fix" patch applied.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.232984/

thanks man got everything working now. system running 5-6 degree cooler without nvidia graphics.
i have a question for a better understanding for future builds.

so i applied all the patches you mentioned in your graphics guide assuming that patches mentioned in config.plist under ACPI/DSDT/patches will apply to DSDT in CLOVER/ACPI/patched during boot up and the updated DSDT will be used by CLOVER thereafter but it didnt disable my nvidia card so i followed the process mentioned below. sorry for being this brief.

i followed the guide you have linked in your last reply and applied the patches but it always ended up disabling/stopping voodooPS2Controller kext from working so i kind of gave up and decided to follow your graphics guide only.
I applied all the patches you have mentioned in your graphics guide and then checked if it resolved my graphics issue but it didnt so i opened my config.plist and applied all the patches mentioned under DSDT/patches to my DSDT and SSDT-8 so now my DSDT had the patches from your guide and patches from config.plist and also graphics disable patch and finally it got my nvidia disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back