Contribute
Register

Acer aspire 5750G with Mountain Lion (Unibeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so you can boot with the Unibeast drive attached fine?

Boot from the hard drive and boot using -v (verbose) then if you get a kernel panic screen shot it and post it here.

I can only boot using the Unibeast USB drive.

Do I need to I boot from the hard drive in verbose mode AFTER installing Chimera bootloader?

Is there any way to understand why the webcam doesn't work?

I can only boot using the Unibeast USB drive.

Do I need to I boot from the hard drive AFTER installing Chimera bootloader?

Yes boot from the hard drive after installing Chimera and boot verbose mode, then post here where it freezes.

IMG_20130308_011029.jpg
Yes boot from the hard drive after installing Chimera and boot verbose mode, then post here where it freezes.

I've noticed that at every boot it freezes in differents point of the loading. This is the "longest" one.

But sometimes I have freezes after few seconds, too. If needed, I'll post a screenshot of the faster freeze.

IMG_20130308_011931.jpg

The other one. It freezes on "Still waiting for root device". It appears several times on screen.

Hello all.
I dont want to jump in on others asking for help, but i also have a question!!
Is it safe to do the Thunderbolt firmware update and also the MacBook Pro EFI firmware update??
I have done a search but cannot find an answer.....Thanks Montyboy

hey people. im a total noob in hackintoshing and maybe i will ask smthng stupid but i followed some tutorials making this thing work but i stuck at the first step and i cant even install the OS! so i was reading a tutorial how to hackintosh without using a mac (coz i dont have somone who has a mac to make the unibeast usb). i made the iBoot ivy bridge cd, i ejected the iboot cd and put the OS cd, i hit the F5 key and than i select the SL OS and i hit enter.... the screen just stays black and nothing happens! the cd stops spinning as well. can someone help me? do i have to make the unibeast or i can install the OS only with iBoot ivy bridge?

i have: acer 5750g, intel i5-2430M(2.4ghz, 3mb cache), nvidia geforce gt 520m
:beachball:

View attachment 48585

The other one. It freezes on "Still waiting for root device". It appears several times on screen.

Are you using 'UseKernelCache=Yes' in your org.chameleon.boot.plist? If so this would cause the system to hang at "Still waiting for root device" you may need to install a modified 'IOAHCIFamily.kext' suggested by Merv77 on page 14. I will attach the file but you really should read back within this thread as most problems are there.

After installing perform these commands in terminal

Code:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel -all-loaded
sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext -z /System/Library/Extensions/

For the longer one, I need to ask what additional kexts have you installed? I'm guessing not many?

Regards,

Hello all.
I dont want to jump in on others asking for help, but i also have a question!!
Is it safe to do the Thunderbolt firmware update and also the MacBook Pro EFI firmware update??
I have done a search but cannot find an answer.....Thanks Montyboy

I'm not sure, none of us have Thunderbolt devices so I don't see why you want to install it. But my guess is, it shouldn't affect the system as no hardware is getting loaded, as it is simply not installed.

hey people. im a total noob in hackintoshing and maybe i will ask smthng stupid but i followed some tutorials making this thing work but i stuck at the first step and i cant even install the OS! so i was reading a tutorial how to hackintosh without using a mac (coz i dont have somone who has a mac to make the unibeast usb). i made the iBoot ivy bridge cd, i ejected the iboot cd and put the OS cd, i hit the F5 key and than i select the SL OS and i hit enter.... the screen just stays black and nothing happens! the cd stops spinning as well. can someone help me? do i have to make the unibeast or i can install the OS only with iBoot ivy bridge?

i have: acer 5750g, intel i5-2430M(2.4ghz, 3mb cache), nvidia geforce gt 520m
:beachball:

First of all I am confused. iBoot is used only for installing Snow Leopard so are you installing this?

Also you have a Sandy-bridge CPU so using the Ivy Bridge iBoot software will not work.
If you are trying to install Snow Leopard then use the iBoot 3.3.0 software ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=38 )

Another way in which you could install Mac OS X without a previous installation could be via a virtual machine, but you will have to look else where on how to install one of those ;)

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back