Contribute
Register

Acer aspire 5750G with Mountain Lion (Unibeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a common error, just go to the line which I think is line 17 and delete the whole line with the /TNOT entry. It should now compile and you can then save.

Are you using Atheros WiFi adapter too?

Regards,

I deleted line 17 and was able to save as "aml" when i insert the required txt for my Atheros card and compile i get 59 errors.
Object not found or accessible from scope (GFXO....) (DTGP) and others.
I think its time for a beer. Will keep trying and let you know.............thanks montyboy

I deleted line 17 and was able to save as "aml" when i insert the required txt for my Atheros card and compile i get 59 errors.
Object not found or accessible from scope (GFXO....) (DTGP) and others.
I think its time for a beer. Will keep trying and let you know.............thanks montyboy

Haha sounds like a good idea! I had a look at Merv77's DSDT that you are using, it should already have the edit in it and should work with your WiFi.
Did you install that Kext I uploaded a couple of posts back? Did that change anything?
What does your WiFi say? Is it just not recognised or?
On initial install did you change anything that may be related to the WiFi or install any kexts?

Regards,

P.S. I will attach my DSDT but I'm pretty sure it will not work for HDMI audio, let me know if the WiFi works with your laptop.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 133
Haha sounds like a good idea! I had a look at Merv77's DSDT that you are using, it should already have the edit in it and should work with your WiFi.
Did you install that Kext I uploaded a couple of posts back? Did that change anything?
On initial install did you change anything that may be related to the WiFi or install any kexts?

Regards,

P.S. I will attach my DSDT but I'm pretty sure it will not work for HDMI audio, let me know if the WiFi works with your laptop.

Thank you very much for all your help, I now have wifi and HDMI audio with your DSDT.aml.
I had already installed the kexts from you early today but that made no change.
With your DSDT.aml everything is working, maybe i made mistakes trying to edit, i don't know, but now i am very happy.
Thank you and Cheers.....................Montyboy

Regards,

I was going to send a private message.. But, I still to new to this forum. So bare with me...

To T1hom7as,
Hello, My name is Russ I'm 40 years old. And maybe to old to learn this dsdt stuff..lol. To be honest I love editing files in linux, namely Gentoo. But, can't wrap my head around this dsdt file.. To many questions a raise. Would you mind building one for me. If so, let me know what info you will need... PS. I'm midnight-gypsy on the Acer 5750g thread that you just did an edited dsdt. It really helped with my boot. I have a gateway nv57h with i5-2410m intelHD3000 graphics an
Atheros 9280 Wireless
4gigs DDR3 1333MHz ram... Would love to hear from you.. Thanks so much...Russ
View attachment dsdt.zip

I was going to send a private message.. But, I still to new to this forum. So bare with me...

To T1hom7as,
Hello, My name is Russ I'm 40 years old. And maybe to old to learn this dsdt stuff..lol. To be honest I love editing files in linux, namely Gentoo. But, can't wrap my head around this dsdt file.. To many questions a raise. Would you mind building one for me. If so, let me know what info you will need... PS. I'm midnight-gypsy on the Acer 5750g thread that you just did an edited dsdt. It really helped with my boot. I have a gateway nv57h with i5-2410m intelHD3000 graphics an
Atheros 9280 Wireless
4gigs DDR3 1333MHz ram... Would love to hear from you.. Thanks so much...Russ
View attachment 44174

DSDT > http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/DSDT

It would be best to create your own DSDT, so that the configurations would be set for your system. I understand that the Gateway is very similar to the AA 5750G, if you look back in the forum there are instructions from Merv77 on creating your own DSDT. I used the same instructions and they worked fine for me.

I cannot stress enough to everyone joining this forum to please read the previous posts, most of the answers are included in this thread. After that, a post would be more suitable to help with your misunderstandings and troubles.

In page 13 Merv77 does explain how to create your own DSDT so please look at that. I will attach the correct patches that you need to apply when patching after extracting the DSDT. I know you are working with a Gateway PC but it should be the same.

Let me know how you get on after you have done this ;)

Attachments

• 5750G_DSDT_Patches.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 147
Thank you very much for all your help, I now have wifi and HDMI audio with your DSDT.aml.
I had already installed the kexts from you early today but that made no change.
With your DSDT.aml everything is working, maybe i made mistakes trying to edit, i don't know, but now i am very happy.
Thank you and Cheers.....................Montyboy

Glad to hear it! Mine and Merv77's DSDTs are slightly different, I'm not sure what he has different to mine but there are differences.

Regards,

DSDT > http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/DSDT

It would be best to create your own DSDT, so that the configurations would be set for your system. I understand that the Gateway is very similar to the AA 5750G, if you look back in the forum there are instructions from Merv77 on creating your own DSDT. I used the same instructions and they worked fine for me.

I cannot stress enough to everyone joining this forum to please read the previous posts, most of the answers are included in this thread. After that, a post would be more suitable to help with your misunderstandings and troubles.

In page 13 Merv77 does explain how to create your own DSDT so please look at that. I will attach the correct patches that you need to apply when patching after extracting the DSDT. I know you are working with a Gateway PC but it should be the same.

Let me know how you get on after you have done this ;)

Thank you sir, Will let you know...Russ

I am very happy to be running ML 10.8.2 on my 5750G and although i finally managed to create my own (native) DSDT, when i go to 'about this mac' MacBookPro8.2 it shows i have 4 memory slots, is there any way to change this? Everything else is just fine. Thanks Montyboy

I am very happy to be running ML 10.8.2 on my 5750G and although i finally managed to create my own (native) DSDT, when i go to 'about this mac' MacBookPro8.2 it shows i have 4 memory slots, is there any way to change this? Everything else is just fine. Thanks Montyboy

I think this is part of the System Definition - In Clover it only shows 2 memory slots, but I cannot configure it properly yet, for now I'm just using Chimera as its not that bigger deal.

Regards,

OK.. Thank you. Montyboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back