Contribute
Register

Acer aspire 5750G with Mountain Lion (Unibeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

I have re-installed and now have sound working(using Voodoohda-2.7.3.pkg installer) Everything is working and running surperbly. Thanks for all the help. Any more tips or advice would be awesome... Thanks you all...

Voodoo should work, but I think you can only get sound out of the Internal speakers, for full sound functionality you need to patch AppleHDA to enable headphones, microphone, and HDMI audio.

Voodoo should work, but I think you can only get sound out of the Internal speakers, for full sound functionality you need to patch AppleHDA to enable headphones, microphone, and HDMI audio.

Sound is a lil' buggy with voodoohda. Getting feedback from mircophone. Headphones jack works. But, can still hear my wife taking with headphones in...lol. I've had a few KP's with this kext.. Would like to try applehda(patched)... In linux(not installed anymore). Audio was listed as a ACL271x and seemed to work well.
In terminal "lspci --nn in linux produced.

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)

In OS X produced.

00:1b.0 Audio device: [0403] Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086;1c20] (rev 04)
Hoping for a sugested kext(s) for 10.8.2ML.... Thanks

Hi to all....please can you recovery link for download 5750GML.zip (Kext e dsdt pack)that is broken...
Thank you...

I have recently installed ML 10.8.2 on my 5750G using patched bios and DSDT.aml form Sahand_N in post #9 everything went well including wifi (AR9285) however like many others my HDMI audio did not work. Now i am using the DSDT.aml from Merv77 in post #88 and now i have HDMI audio but no wifi.
I want to keep the DSDT.aml from Merv77 what do i need to edit to get my wifi to work?
Thanks Montyboy

I have recently installed ML 10.8.2 on my 5750G using patched bios and DSDT.aml form Sahand_N in post #9 everything went well including wifi (AR9285) however like many others my HDMI audio did not work. Now i am using the DSDT.aml from Merv77 in post #88 and now i have HDMI audio but no wifi.
I want to keep the DSDT.aml from Merv77 what do i need to edit to get my wifi to work?
Thanks Montyboy

How did you enable WiFi before Merv77's DSDT?

How did you enable WiFi before Merv77's DSDT?

When i used the dsdt from Sahand-N in post #9 it just worked without having to do anything. I have tried all day to edit the dsdt from Merv77 without luck, i have never edited a dsdt file before. Any help and advise would be great. Thanks Montyboy

When i used the dsdt from Sahand-N in post #9 it just worked without having to do anything. I have tried all day to edit the dsdt from Merv77 without luck, i have never edited a dsdt file before. Any help and advise would be great. Thanks Montyboy

Okay, try the kext I have attached - install, repair permissions and reboot.

If not then check in the DSDT for this code:

Code:
Device (ARPT)
{
	Name (_ADR, Zero)
	Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
	{
		Store (Package (0x0C)
			{
				"AAPL,slot-name", 
				Buffer (0x08)
				{
					"AirPort"
				}, 
				"device-id", 
				Unicode ("*"), 
				"device_type", 
				Buffer (0x08)
				{
					"AirPort"
				}, 
				"model", 
				Buffer (0x34)
				{
					"Atheros 9285 8802.11 b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter"
				}, 
				"subsystem-id", 
				Buffer (0x04)
				{
					0x8F, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				}, 
				"subsystem-vendor-id", 
				Buffer (0x04)
				{
					0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
				}
			}, Local0)
		DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
		Return (Local0)
	}
}

Attachments

• IO80211Family.kext.zip
    4 MB · Views: 94
Okay, try the kext I have attached - install, repair permissions and reboot.

If not then check in the DSDT for this code:

Code:
Device (ARPT)
{
	Name (_ADR, Zero)
	Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
	{
		Store (Package (0x0C)
			{
				"AAPL,slot-name", 
				Buffer (0x08)
				{
					"AirPort"
				}, 
				"device-id", 
				Unicode ("*"), 
				"device_type", 
				Buffer (0x08)
				{
					"AirPort"
				}, 
				"model", 
				Buffer (0x34)
				{
					"Atheros 9285 8802.11 b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter"
				}, 
				"subsystem-id", 
				Buffer (0x04)
				{
					0x8F, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
				}, 
				"subsystem-vendor-id", 
				Buffer (0x04)
				{
					0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
				}
			}, Local0)
		DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
		Return (Local0)
	}
}

Thanks for your reply but again i have tried many times to edit the DSDT but i can never save it as "aml" .
When i open the dsdt.aml from Merv77 with dsdt editor and click on compile before i have made any changes i always get 1 error, when i click on fix errors it has no effect.
Could it be because i am using the patched bios?
The error is: 17 Error Name already exists in scope (/TNOT)
Any more help help would be great. Thanks montyboy

It's a common error, just go to the line which I think is line 17 and delete the whole line with the /TNOT entry. It should now compile and you can then save.

Are you using Atheros WiFi adapter too?

Regards,

thanks again for the reply i will give it another go..
Yes i am using the Atheros wifi adapter. i will let you know how i get on...............montyboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back