Contribute
Register

Acer aspire 5750G with Mountain Lion (Unibeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone got HDMI audio working? With the current DSDT and AppleHDA.kext that I am using it does not work, in this post there is discussion about HDMI audio but I am no good at DSDT edits.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-lapt...-269-patch-applehda-may-work-idea-others.html

Also if I plug in headphones through the jack it does not recognise them, it just carries on playing through the speakers when there is something inserted. To make them work I have to insert them, then restart with them plugged in, then I may use the headphones.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 123
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Thomas' MacBook Pro.zip
    368.8 KB · Views: 119
Where exactly i must install kexts?

/System/Library/Extensions/ or /Extra

Thx!

/System/Library/Extensions/ for permanent kexts.

When I install kexts on /Extra my system is working except mic and disk tray!

When I install kexts on /System/Library/Extensions/ I get KP!

Any suggestion?

When I install kexts on /Extra my system is working except mic and disk tray!

When I install kexts on /System/Library/Extensions/ I get KP!

Any suggestion?

What do you get KP for? What's the error?

Attachments

• IMG_1027.jpg
    IMG_1027.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 257
I've got recognized the Nvidia 610m in system, not working switching. If someone could help me in disabling
integrated HD3000 in bios and enable peg only i will test it. I doubt in disabling the integrated hd3000 and get
black screen. :thumbup:

Can we disable the hd3000 and leave enabled only the nvidia?

Source of kexts:

hxxps://www.os?86.net/view/3299-geforce_610m.html > Thanks for this guy.

I switched in kexts 1058 to 105a from my nvidia 610m (10de:105a).

Note: Install last cuda and after the kexts modified.

Captura de pantalla 2012-10-12 a la(s) 08.40.13.png

View attachment Nvidia610M.zip
View attachment org.chameleon.Boot.plist

From what I've seen on the forums switching graphics card is still a problem atm. I also thought of disabling the integrated but not sure if it's possible for now.

Can I install the DSDT after I install os x?

I've got recognized the Nvidia 610m in system, not working switching. If someone could help me in disabling
integrated HD3000 in bios and enable peg only i will test it. I doubt in disabling the integrated hd3000 and get
black screen. :thumbup:

Can we disable the hd3000 and leave enabled only the nvidia?

Source of kexts:

hxxps://www.os?86.net/view/3299-geforce_610m.html > Thanks for this guy.

I switched in kexts 1058 to 105a from my nvidia 610m (10de:105a).

Note: Install last cuda and after the kexts modified.

View attachment 34482

View attachment 34483
View attachment 34484

You can actually do that with the BIOS if you have the modded 1.20 BIOS, it gives you options to disable Integrated and then you can put the nVidia card in PEG only, but be careful! Also I think in this system the laptop screen is only connected to the Intel card and not the nVidia card so you are more than likely to get a black screen! Maybe try using a HDMI if you decide to disable it.

I had the integrated card enabled so I switched it back to the "switchable" graphics option, and now upon booting I just get a black lit up screen with a "-" character, I have left it on for a few minutes and nothing has happened, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back