Contribute
Register

Accidentally deleted Safari.... HELP! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey gang,

I'm don't know what came over me. I'm running OS X 10.10.2, and had Safari 8.0.3, until I decided I really needed Safari 10 for some reason. Foolishly, I deleted Safari through terminal, and now am trying to figure out how to reinstall it (obviously not easy, as it's packaged with the OS).

Originally, it took me a while to get my system up and running (which is why I've never upgraded), so I'm nervous about doing any massive updates to the OS in order to get a fresh Safari on there.

Any safe and easy options I can do that will reinstall the core Yosemite apps without totally wiping my system? Should I take my chances and do the update to 10.10.5 from the app store? I'm not an expert (like most of you), but if you can offer any guidance, you'll be in my heart forever.

Just restore your backup.

If you don't have a backup you can do an in-place install which is a fresh OS install over the top of your existing one but without formatting the hard drive.
That way all of your data is preserved but just to be sure, make a backup before you do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back