Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> "A required firmware update could not be installed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
worked with OpenCore 0.7.5
iMac 19.1

What section of config.plist should AdviseFeatures be included in??

Hi - look here in your config.plist.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 7.14.16 am.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 7.14.16 am.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 825
Got the error trying to upgrade from 10.15 but advisefeatures already says "true"

Got the error trying to upgrade from 10.15 but advisefeatures already says "true"
The boot loader can only advise the features that were current at the time of release.
If you want newer features then you should install a newer version of the boot loader.

Or edit your config.plist to include the details of more recent firmware.

Last edited:
The boot loader can only advise the features that were current at the time of release.
If you want newer features then you should install a newer version of the boot loader.

Or edit your config.plist to include the details of more recent firmware.
How would one go about including the details of more recent firmware? Just curious

Also, @chumdoggin I'm sure you tried a system update on the running OS. You could try the opposite, the USB installer. Also, try the latest opencore.
Ultimately, if you wanna skip the troubleshooting and just get it done, you can update to big sur and then Monterey.

Dont even remember when I posted that. Have learned a bit since and sorted everything. Going for Monterey now on the r9 380X machine. Real mac doing os 11 to use my gtx 780 acceleration a bit more before using the AMD whatever compatible I have laying around the place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back