RX 6900 XT / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi hope all are well!
I've been on the Monterey beta and finally had the chance to go to the official release.
I've had some freezing / crashing and during the update directly through the OS, it froze. No biggie, I boot my Big Sur installation and use the Monterey app to install it over the beta. The Macintosh HD partition would not boot.
Then I created a USB installer and installed it over the same partition, after nearly finishing, I saw that message - A required firmware update could not be installed. Using iMacPro1,1. Any suggestions? Using OpenCore .7.0, will try .7.4 ASAP, but it has been working with the Monterey beta just fine.
Thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: SOLVED! Using OpenCore 0.7.4 and AdviseFeatures=True in config.plist

Last edited:
also same here

use latest version of OpenCore

after message could not install firmware-update i changed smbios to iMac16,2 installation passed message

after succesfull complete installation i changed smbios back to iMacPro1,1

with clover 5141

Last edited:
same here - i use clover 5141
and i want a solution for clover asap
but i did the update on a copy OS :)
read the comment above

don't know how to update the OpenCore boot loader any help possable? I am on 0.6.1

Hey Feartech, I tried 0.7.4 and I get a bootloop after phase 1. The macos Installer partition is created, I boot it, it starts with the progress bar about a third of the way through, 29 minutes remaining, a few minutes will pass, then it'll just reboot. If I use 0.7.0, I'll get this firmware update issue
you will need to fix up 0.7.4 as that is required for Monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back