Contribute
Register

A complete mess with GA-P55-USB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got my setup working properlly sound works, and sleep also works. What i did, was i tried to use the minimal options with multibeast and then restart if that works then install the other components such as sound and other things. i dont know why this worked but it did.

one other thing, i dont know why but i got custombeast and tried installing it from there and it didnt work, i tried several times and kept on getting the same error, hopefully youll have better luck with it though. if you do need any help ill do the best i can.

ijhu said:
Enjoy...hopefully coming back with a fresh mind might trigger something. :D
Sorry, took me a while. :)
And I got 10.7.1 working, but with a Geforce 9400 GT.
Snow Leopard works up to 10.6.6, with later updates it seems that I'm affected with this:
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=27345&start=0

Now I try to flash my card with another ROM.
If that doesn't work, I get a new HD6870 and sell my old card.
Or I throw it away if it is borked. ;)

Glad you are back in the game and got 10.7.1 running too.
So in OSX 10.7.1, your XFX5770 is NOT working? is that the model with 2DVI, 1HDMI and 1DP?

Graphic card working with LION: Look at the thread.
model:577A-ZNFC
Full QE/CI using rollback to 10.6.7 drivers (ATISupport.kext, ATI5000Controller.kext and ATIFramebuffer.kext, version 1.6.26)

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26047

ijhu said:
Glad you are back in the game and got 10.7.1 running too.
So in OSX 10.7.1, your XFX5770 is NOT working? is that the model with 2DVI, 1HDMI and 1DP?
Indeed! I have a HD-577A-ZNFA VE.4 and this works only up to 10.6.6, with 10.6.7, 10.6.8 or Lion, the card is not properly initialized during boot.
I discussed that with Tony, because I spent myself a CustomBeast to see if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a tech problem. ;)

Nah, no kext stuff. :)
I flashed my card with the Gigabyte ROM from the thread in my earlier post and guess what - it works. :headbang:
And even the fan control seems to work.
Today I was close to buy an HD6870, but this saved me my money.

Now I can clean up this mess of computer parts and fine-tune everything.

That'd great. But back to my main question going back to the "Complete Mess". How did you managed to get it running again without running into earlier issues which you were combating for a while trying to get Snow Leopard going?

ijhu said:
How did you managed to get it running again without running into earlier issues which you were combating for a while trying to get Snow Leopard going?
1. I did not go to 10.6.8 and stayed with 10.6.6
2. Prepared and booted xMove
3. Received hint from Tony that being stuck at "Device in SLOT 1" means that the graphics card is not initialized properly.
4. Swapped to a Geforce 9400 GT
5. Lion installation working and booting with Chameleon
6. Put HD5770 back in, does not boot again
7. Flashed XFX with Gigabyte ROM
8. Done

congrats on getting it working man! :clap:

why would it work the first time but the the second time you try, it just doesnt work. seems a little weird.

speaking of graphics card. i have problem with mine, the dual link dvi port on mine does not work. it worked the first time I installed it, but now when i boot up it will show the apple then it will just go black. the other ports that i tested seem to be working fine, and normally this would bother me but since im trying to get a new monitor i would like to have all my options open.

Update:

With the Gigabyte ROM the HDMI output of the card does not work anymore.
Back to the XFX ROM HDMI works again, so I have the choice between working HDMI or a working Hackintosh... :banghead:

Maybe I search for another ROM which might work...

Update:

Maybe I search for another ROM which might work...

I DID IT! IT WORKS!

I flashed my ZNFA card with a ZNFC bios and everything I tested is working so far.
Windows works, 10.7.4. works and HDMI works on both OS.

Next challenge: Mountain Lion ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back