Gigabyte Aorus pro
CPU
Graphics
sapphire nitro+ rx 6800 xt
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i bought 6800 xt for monterey support started.
this guy’s efi helped to me thanks a lot..
i am using that guy’s efi open core for dpgu navi21

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...00-xt-big-sur-monterey-opencore-0-7-8.316448/

my problem is geekbench score unstable
Test result im getting maximum 169000 with metal relase 5.4.4
after 2 minutes same test same condition and result 141000 , 125000, again 139000.
tried different smbios but nothing affected

other thing in unigine heaven test
temp going to almost 90 degrees in some scene
i feel something wrong at somewhere config.plist

@Quake3d
90º seem to be too much even Unigine Heaven is a very high load test for GPU. I dont' know if there is a key in config.plist related to it.
But about GeekBench, imo it's a very dependent test of the GPU temp, when the GPU is cold (just booted) scores are higher than with the working temp. Is it so in your system?

@Quake3d
90º seem to be too much even Unigine Heaven is a very high load test for GPU. I dont' know if there is a key in config.plist related to it.
But about GeekBench, imo it's a very dependent test of the GPU temp, when the GPU is cold (just booted) scores are higher than with the working temp. Is it so in your system?
yes so in my system.. before that gpu I used Vega 64 frontier edition with same system. I found and used a good PP_Softpowerplaytable for fan controller. I think something must I do for higher temperature maybe a fan controller.

Not sure if you tried Mac Pro 7,1 but it is the only real Mac that has a 6800xt in it so it would make sense to try that SM if you have not. I only have a Vega but I find that Using the Mac Pro 7,1 SM is the best. I have used iMac Pro 1,1 before the fan unless I had a power play table was erratic at times but with Mac Pro 7,1 it runs best.

That said your card looks to be a non reference card, so your fan is controlled by the V-Bios not by MacOS so I am not sure how much a PPT is going to help you. One thing I notice still about my Vega is that if I try and game in 3840 x 2160 the card gets really hot and can cause crashes. Generally I scale down to 2560 x 1440

Not sure if you tried Mac Pro 7,1 but it is the only real Mac that has a 6800xt in it so it would make sense to try that SM if you have not. I only have a Vega but I find that Using the Mac Pro 7,1 SM is the best. I have used iMac Pro 1,1 before the fan unless I had a power play table was erratic at times but with Mac Pro 7,1 it runs best.

That said your card looks to be a non reference card, so your fan is controlled by the V-Bios not by MacOS so I am not sure how much a PPT is going to help you. One thing I notice still about my Vega is that if I try and game in 3840 x 2160 the card gets really hot and can cause crashes. Generally I scale down to 2560 x 1440
thanks for help..

i am going to check some settings change in vbios. you gave me an idea.
i am using triple fan cpu cooler and corsair pump not working high perfermance. solution is with windows software for cooler. pump have device memory and you can set high perfermance mode.
i will try that for gpu if i found software windows from sapphire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back