Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

Thank you rbbunmc and tonymac community for the great hackintosh info.
I built my first Hackintosh with rbbunmc yosemite guide.
This is my config:

MSI X99A Raider
Intel Core i7-5960X (3.0 GHz)
Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti 6GB
Crucial DDR4 32 Go (2 x 16 Go) 2133 MHz CL15 DR X8
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 Go

I'm having problems with 2 things.
The mouse is lagging weirdly !
Final Cut Pro X is incredibly slow to export !

On my hackintosh with cinebench R15, I'm having:
CPU 1143 cb
OpenGL 54,88 fps

compared to (on my MBP mid 2012 GT 650M)
CPU 608 cb
OpenGL 53,89 fps

I tried to
switch from MacPro3,1 to 5,1 but no better results.

Can someone help me ?

Thank you very much

Elliot

Has anyone else had issues with the most recent update making nvidia graphics drivers incompatible? None of them seem to work.

This is where I'm downloading from. http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/110216/en-us

They worked before I do the update. Now nothing seems to work.
I updated Sierra to the last version 10.12.2 and so i did for nvidia web drivers and i've no issues...what kind of issues do you have?

I updated Sierra to the last version 10.12.2 and so i did for nvidia web drivers and i've no issues...what kind of issues do you have?

O nice. How'd you do it? Do you know if it will work with and asus x99 e-ws motherboard?

When I reboot after the update and fixing the kext files I get a message that the nvidia driver is not compatible with my OSX version. It's like 1 release out of sync it seems but I might try sierra if it'll work on my machine

O nice. How'd you do it? Do you know if it will work with and asus x99 e-ws motherboard?

When I reboot after the update and fixing the kext files I get a message that the nvidia driver is not compatible with my OSX version. It's like 1 release out of sync it seems but I might try sierra if it'll work on my machine
Sure it works with your Motherboard too....if you google it you can find a topic in another forum where an user installed Sierra in X99-E-WS. As you know i started my x99 adventure here reading rbbunmc's thread but after 1 year i changed my hardware. Now as you can see in my specs i've an X99 Deluxe II motherboard with a Xeon E5 2696V4. We have the same graphics card. Installing sierra is not a big problem, you just need the right kernel and kext patches. I can send you my EFI if you want. Let me know....

Sure it works with your Motherboard too....if you google it you can find a topic in another forum where an user installed Sierra in X99-E-WS. As you know i started my x99 adventure here reading rbbunmc's thread but after 1 year i changed my hardware. Now as you can see in my specs i've an X99 Deluxe II motherboard with a Xeon E5 2696V4. We have the same graphics card. Installing sierra is not a big problem, you just need the right kernel and kext patches. I can send you my EFI if you want. Let me know....

Do you have a link to the specific thread you're mentioning. I've found a few things related but no guide like what was here

I couldn't find any guides on it. This one https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...oadwell-e-family-and-haswell-e-family.197513/ seems to be a guide of sorts but I think it assumes people of a detailed knowledge of how to manipulate and install files. I don't think it even says what he used to install Sierra.

I see there is something that looks like a
Follow my "guide" in post #107 of that thread...installing Sierra is more simple than as we did to make Yosemite works with your board.

I'm trying it but it won't go past the load screen with all the text after I try to boot into OSX from USB. I'll keep looking if someone else has had this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back