Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
No...only NvidiaWEB should be enabled not both...

I tried it with just NvidiaWEB and I still have the same problem.

8in5jEd.png

It always says that the Web Driver is on but it doesn't seem to work. I think it might be a problem with the graphics card not being fully recognized or something. But then again I don't really know anything.

I see people mentioning the AppleGraphicsControl kext maybe that's something. Also the fact that the newer Mac Pro has two graphics cards.

Last edited:
did you update bios to the last version? i ask because another user with your mainboard has the same problem after the last bios release for e-ws

did you update bios to the last version? i ask because another user with your mainboard has the same problem after the last bios release for e-ws

I haven't done any updates to my bios. Unless it can auto update without me knowning.

Heyhey everybody,
I have serious problems and need your help!!
I've a build followed rbbunmc 's Guide and everything worked fine. Till now, after a half a year.
My boot partition is a 950 Pro (M.2) and I have normally super fast boots. But now my system doesn't want to get into the system. Stock at the apple logo and the progress bar half full. Yesterday it happens the first time but after some reboots i waited about 10 minutes and he logged into the system. Today the same issues and I cant get in. I'm getting crazy because I have a project to finish til tomorrow :banghead::crazy:

I didn't changed anything since my successful install. Just Installed some audio stuff to work that's it.
Any Ideas. I would be Very grateful for any advice or help.

Heyhey everybody,
I've a build followed rbbunmc 's Guide and everything worked fine. Till now, after a half a year.
My boot partition is a 950 Pro (M.2) and I have normally super fast boots. But now my system doesn't want to get into the system. Stock at the apple logo and the progress bar half full. Yesterday it happens the first time but after some reboots i waited about 10 minutes and he logged into the system. Today the same issues and I cant get in. I'm getting crazy because I have a project to finish til tomorrow :banghead::crazy:

I didn't changed anything since my successful install. Just Installed some audio stuff to work that's it.
Maybe your M2 disk is going to dead??? It's the same issue i had with my old 950Pro M2 disk...and after some reboots it was no more recognized by the board so i lost everything. Do you have a clone or a backup? I hope for you...

Heyhey everybody,

Check out the newer install guides for sierra.

Also did you update the OS X perhaps? Security updates can **** with the system by resetting kexts you need

Hey thenightflyer and ulisis,
first, thanks alot for your fast reply. I appreciate that a lot!

After some reboots I got logged in again but all in all that situation scares me. :|

@ulisis: I didn't do any updates and have deactivated auto installs of updates from the first day on.
How is the Sierra install process in compare with rbbunmc's install process?

@thenightflyer: I just bought the 950 pro in may this year. Is it possible that it's going to die so fast? And what do you suggest me in future for boot and system drive? I was thinking of upgrading to an 960 pro 1tb in a few months but if that's so unstable, i dont't know :rolleyes: I have CCC and will do a clone tomorrow when I finish the Project. But I always make a backup of my projects on another SSD in my build so I can reopen the projects on my Macbook in case of emergency.

What do you two suggest me? Is everything working fine with Sierra? For example compability of audioplugins and Thunderbolt? I had once made bad expierience when I updated to EC on my Macbook. Some plugins weren't ready for the OSX update so I had to downgrade aigain :crazy:

After some reboots I got logged in again but all in all that situation scares me. :|

@ulisis: I didn't do any updates and have deactivated auto installs of updates from the first day on.

@thenightflyer: I just bought the 950 pro in may this year. Is it possible that it's going to die so fast? And what do you suggest me in future for boot and system drive? I was thinking of upgrading to an 960 pro 1tb in a few months but if that's so unstable, i dont't know :rolleyes: I have CCC and will do a clone tomorrow when I finish the Project. But I always make a backup of my projects on another SSD in my build so I can reopen the projects on my Macbook in case of emergency.

What do you two suggest me? Is everything working fine with Sierra? For example compability of audioplugins and Thunderbolt? I had once made bad expierience when I updated to EC on my Macbook. Some plugins weren't ready for the OSX update so I had to downgrade aigain :crazy:

I'm not the one to ask about that. I'm currently having problems with my graphics.

Have a look on the forums. If you've got standard gear then sierra should be easy. Nightflyer knows more than me.

SSD as you know don't have mechanical parts like HDD so it's easy if for example there is a discontinued current voltage or other small voltage problems that they can "die". I bought last year an SM950Pro and after 3 week it stopped working. I was lucky because i bought it from Amazon so i returned.
But there are users that continue to work with their M2 disks and have no problems at all...so there is no particulary suggestion to give you. In my rig i use a Sandisk SSD ultra Pro as primary disk and load/write samples etc. from an external thunderbolt raid. I've a second Sandisk SSD i use as clone so if i loose data on the first i've an exact copy to replace.
About thunderbolt, if you read my previous posts you can see that now it works more stable with 4g enabled in bios. I use a dual thunderbolt ex card and i connect both my raid and my audio card and i've no issues.

Any other ideas for my graphics problems nightflyer? I tried renaming the graphics card from gfx0 to gfx1 (or visa versa, I can't remember) and that didn't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back