Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other ideas for my graphics problems nightflyer? I tried renaming the graphics card from gfx0 to gfx1 (or visa versa, I can't remember) and that didn't do anything.
At the moment i'm using a GTX680 with 4gb that is native so i don't need to use nvidia web driver. But till last week i had a gtx 980TI too and after 10.12.2 update i had problem with nvidia panel but no other problems with graphic. I suggest you to remove nvidiaweb drivers, repair permissions, restart with nv_disable=1 flag in clover. Once logged reinstall nvidiaweb drivers and check again if you have nvidiaweb flag enabled in clover. Remember that you don't need to activate the old nv_drv=1 flag in clover!!
Remember to repair permissions everytime you make changes. Maybe your problem is due to permission issues.

At the moment i'm using a GTX680 with 4gb that is native so i don't need to use nvidia web driver. But till last week i had a gtx 980TI too and after 10.12.2 update i had problem with nvidia panel but no other problems with graphic. I suggest you to remove nvidiaweb drivers, repair permissions, restart with nv_disable=1 flag in clover. Once logged reinstall nvidiaweb drivers and check again if you have nvidiaweb flag enabled in clover. Remember that you don't need to activate the old nv_drv=1 flag in clover!!
Remember to repair permissions everytime you make changes. Maybe your problem is due to permission issues.

Do i need to use kext wizard or the disk utility to repair permissions?

Use the one attached here...

Attachments

• Kext Utility.zip
    286.1 KB · Views: 179
Use the one attached here...

I tried it and it didn't fix the problem. Is it possible that the kexts being injected by clover at startup are causing an issue with permissions and the webdriver?

I tried it and it didn't fix the problem. Is it possible that the kexts being injected by clover at startup are causing an issue with permissions and the webdriver?
I don't think it's so....but there is something that cause issue between nvidia drivers and 10.12.2 update. If you can try to make a new install with a copy of 10.12.2 downloaded from appstore and then reinstall nvidia drivers.

I don't think it's so....but there is something that cause issue between nvidia drivers and 10.12.2 update. If you can try to make a new install with a copy of 10.12.2 downloaded from appstore and then reinstall nvidia drivers.

Tried reinstalling. Ran into some problems but thankfully they were well known problems. I don't know exactly what the issue was that ****ed with the first install but now everything is working. FINALLY! Thanks for the help :)

Tried reinstalling. Ran into some problems but thankfully they were well known problems. I don't know exactly what the issue was that ****** with the first install but now everything is working. FINALLY! Thanks for the help :)
Maybe you needed to reinstall...:)
Happy new year to everyone here

@ TheNightFlyer

Hey guy, I ask you, are you using on your setup under EFI folder any DSDT and SSDT for power management? If you do I want to try your DSDT and SSDT files since my rig is the same as yours
1- Motherboard- ASUS Deluxe 2 Bios 1401 (unlocked)
2- Graphics- EVGA 980Ti Hybrid
3- 64GB Ram but using all banks

Right now I'm not using any DSDT and SSDT. Also do your rig sleep? and do your rig scores improved after waking up from sleep? Let me know if you want to share your files w/ me to test them w/ mine. Thanks

@ TheNightFlyer

Hey guy, I ask you, are you using on your setup under EFI folder any DSDT and SSDT for power management? If you do I want to try your DSDT and SSDT files since my rig is the same as yours
1- Motherboard- ASUS Deluxe 2 Bios 1401 (unlocked)
2- Graphics- EVGA 980Ti Hybrid
3- 64GB Ram but using all banks

Right now I'm not using any DSDT and SSDT. Also do your rig sleep? and do your rig scores improved after waking up from sleep? Let me know if you want to share your files w/ me to test them w/ mine. Thanks
Hey :) at the moment i don't use any DSDT or SSDT except the one created for the cpu created with ssdtprgen. I asked nmano to create one a DSDT for my system, i tried it but i didn't notice any differences except names of internal controllers. Without DSDT after sleep i can wake up the system with mouse or keyboard and i loose just 1000 scores with GB (before i've 61950 after i have 60900), with nmano's DSDT i'm able to wake up the system only with power button and scores loose 1000 points.
I'm reading in this site Rehabman's thread to make SSDT and DSDT applying different patches, for example the one to rename graphics card and avoid to patch AppleGraphics kext after every OSX update, but honestly i changed my graphics card from 980TI to an old 680GTX..i downgraded because i don't need an "high performance" graphics card to play music.
As fabiosun told, there is no difference with or without DSDT in our system so except for the SSDT for cpu i think you don't need others.

Thanks anyways I was just trying to be curious. But for me since I use Davici Resolved is best for me the 980ti. Thanks Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back