Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the guide! This hackintosh guide works great for the AsRock x99 Extreme4!

I did have to use one of the Intel Ethernet kexts off MultiBeast but audio and Ethernet is working great now. The Ethernet does take an unusually long time to DHCP in after boot, but it is like a minute or 2 and then works perfectly.

The issue I am seeing right now is my overclock is not appearing in About This Mac, and, when I boot in verbose mode, it says my multiplier is 30, even though it is set to 43 in bios and speedstep is turned off.

Also I couldnt get the HWMonitor app to install correctly, and when I installed the FakeSMC, FakeSMC plugins, and FakeSMC HWMonitor off MultiBeast it bricked me, just got the circle with a slash through it during boot. Luckily I had already made 2 copies of the install so I just recloned the drive and was back up in about 15 minutes. Any thoughts as to how I could at least get a CPU temp reading?

I have 6 500GB Samsung 850 evos, 4 are the main boot drive in RAID1+0, 2 are a swap drive in RAID 0, that was done with SoftRaid, and it was surprisingly easy. Install as per guide and get everything working on a single drive, install SoftRaid and setup raid drives, clone working drive to RAID drive with Carbon Copy Cloner, install Clover on RAID as per guide, then mount the EFI partition on each drive in the RAID set and copy over the post install EFI folder. Other than clone time took about 10 minutes and booted from the RAID1+0 on the first try.

The 128GB of server memory works great in the AsRock Extreme4 board too!

Has anyone tried to throw a 12 core 2690v3 in this bad boy or a 14 or 16 core even? I saw about changing the voodoo kext to reflect the cores, but is that it? It's alot of cash for a cpu to find out it doesn't work so I'm curious if anyone has tried it.

Thanks!

jb

Has anyone tried to throw a 12 core 2690v3 in this bad boy or a 14 or 16 core even? I saw about changing the voodoo kext to reflect the cores, but is that it? It's alot of cash for a cpu to find out it doesn't work so I'm curious if anyone has tried it.

Thanks!

jb
Sorry guys out a couple days, here's answers... I'm on my phone so need to reply individually rather thank bulk quotes.

12 core yes. Higher than that shouldn't't be a problem, but I'd check on a case by case basis. I've seen as high as 18 core. The issues seem to be with people using dual cpu motherboards.

Thanks for the guide! This hackintosh guide works great for the AsRock x99 Extreme4!

I did have to use one of the Intel Ethernet kexts off MultiBeast but audio and Ethernet is working great now. The Ethernet does take an unusually long time to DHCP in after boot, but it is like a minute or 2 and then works perfectly.

The issue I am seeing right now is my overclock is not appearing in About This Mac, and, when I boot in verbose mode, it says my multiplier is 30, even though it is set to 43 in bios and speedstep is turned off.

Also I couldnt get the HWMonitor app to install correctly, and when I installed the FakeSMC, FakeSMC plugins, and FakeSMC HWMonitor off MultiBeast it bricked me, just got the circle with a slash through it during boot. Luckily I had already made 2 copies of the install so I just recloned the drive and was back up in about 15 minutes. Any thoughts as to how I could at least get a CPU temp reading?

I have 6 500GB Samsung 850 evos, 4 are the main boot drive in RAID1+0, 2 are a swap drive in RAID 0, that was done with SoftRaid, and it was surprisingly easy. Install as per guide and get everything working on a single drive, install SoftRaid and setup raid drives, clone working drive to RAID drive with Carbon Copy Cloner, install Clover on RAID as per guide, then mount the EFI partition on each drive in the RAID set and copy over the post install EFI folder. Other than clone time took about 10 minutes and booted from the RAID1+0 on the first try.

The 128GB of server memory works great in the AsRock Extreme4 board too!

Weird about fakesmc do you have newest monitoring program installed. I've never heard of issues with it. About me always shows the 3Ghz but it's actually OC, no worries. When you run HWMonitor it will show you this under CPU monitor. Good luck!

Hey rbbunmc, how are you.

I am so happy you have made this guide, for a few weeks I have been unable to get 10.10 working on my build, I haven't used this guide yet but I will this week, but before I do can you please tell me if it is necessary to use M.2 drive as boot drive? I also have a Asus X99-A with 5960X and Titan Z. Can you tell me is your guide possible with this motherboard is there anything special I have to do? Is there anyway we can talk? Thanks

Anything but NVME will work fine. M.2 PCI-E or Sata. Just not NVME variety, not supported on desktops yet, just laptop. Good luck!

A question...what case did you use with the X99-E-WS motherboard? I see that this mb has CEB form factory so not all cases are compatible...
Which one did you use to assembly this mb?

Coolermaster Cosmos 2 works perfectly. Expensive though, not sure on other cases. Good luck@

Woooow!! thank you rbbunmc! Your guide is incredible!

I have almost the same config as you but with an asus rampage V extreme instead.

I wanted to had a intel 750 ssd nvme, do you think it's better to take a sm951?

Sadly NVME isn't supported yet. So 750 won't work SM951 AHCI is what I'm using and the speeds meet their highest specs on Osx. I don't even get their highest specs in Windows. My recommendation is sm951 512gb in AHCI. It's a beast and supported. NVME isn't able to be read by Osx . It can't even read the 750 when Windows is installed on it and NTFS drive reader is installed on Osx. 0 compabitibitibily. I recommend people install HFS reader on Windows and NTFS on Osx then you can easily work with files across platforms. Unfortunately since my Windows is on NVME I have no access to Windows files on OSx even with NFTS readability. I need to drag them to HFS formatted SM951 Osx drive or my HFS formatted 1TB Samsung 850 Pro drives. Good luck!

Hi guys,
I also wanted to join to thank rbbunmc, and all the other contributors in this site.

I'm at my first hackintosh. It works!

X99 (Asus deluxe + i7-5820k) + Clover + M.2 (Samsung SM951) boot

I still have to check ethernet and audio (low priority at present).

I'm slightly disappointed by the performances, GPU in particular (Asus Strix GTX 980): 52 fps in Cinebench.
On the CPU side I still have to experiment with OC.
No problem instead on the M.2 drive and with 3xACA300 RAID 0.

My next goal is to install Win and Linux on a different SSD. The first (very naive) attempt with a Win install USB failed miserably ... I have to study: any suggestion on the best guide for my scenario (win and linux *after* OS X, with clover, on a different disk and this platform)?

After that I would like to convert the RAID 0 array to a RAID 5 under OSX (for data, not for boot). Using the motherboard fake RAID I had no success; any comment or suggestion?
I know I could by some commercial software supporting RAID 5 (or even better a true hardware controller) but I would prefer to avoid that if possible now.

Thank you for any kind of support.
Simone

Order of install doesn't't matter really. GPU sadly can't be fully supported unless flashed and nodded chip installed by macvidcards. Sucks, but only way. I am considering this.

I'm trying to figure out a way to UNpatch my audio so that I can go back to a 3.1 profile. Anyone have any idea how to do this? I'm running 10.10.4. Can't reinstall and I didn't save files. :/

can someone post?

Huh? Remove .aml file if there and HDAenabler1.kext and AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E. Use kext wizard to install original AppleHDA.kext and repair permissions /cache with kext wizard. Changing bios is doesn't't require this though, so I am confused to why you think that?

Hi rbbunmc,

Thanks for your guide!
I've got the same Config (Asus X99, ThunderblotEx2 Dual, 64g memory and M2 for System Disk…) and everything works fine on 10.10.5!
I've got only an issue with my graphics card.
It's a NVidia Quadro 4000 , I must to inject Nvidia on clover to recognise the card…
When it's done, all works but I see only 2ports on the three available…

I have two Dell U2415 monitors in 1920x1200 and I've already changed the resolution of your config.
I've tried GraphicsEnabler, Fix Display, Changed the number of ports on clover boot, injected EDID, but still the same...

Any idea on how to activate the third port (it's the second displayPort…)?

No clue captain money bags. I'd love that card though!!!! $4k out of my budget haha. Hope you get it! It's a weird issue to be sure. Never heard of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back