Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
It boots !! Clover was updated between the download on my MacBook Pro and my install PC, so I didn't have the same version. Once I updated the old one and retried, the boot happened without any problem. I'm now running MacPro 6,1 and everything's fine! Thanks for your patience rbbunmc!
I'm hesitating to retry directly with 10.10.5

Woooow!! thank you rbbunmc! Your guide is incredible!

I have almost the same config as you but with an asus rampage V extreme instead.

I wanted to had a intel 750 ssd nvme, do you think it's better to take a sm951?
Sadly NVME isnt supported on mac pro or imac profiles at the moment. Only AHCI. The AHCI SM951 is around $300 for 512gb and a great go. NVME is just available for macbook pro profiles at the moment. I am looking for any fixes or apple to start supporting nvme nativelly so my 750 is recognized and then Illmove to that :)

It boots !! Clover was updated between the download on my MacBook Pro and my install PC, so I didn't have the same version. Once I updated the old one and retried, the boot happened without any problem. I'm now running MacPro 6,1 and everything's fine! Thanks for your patience rbbunmc!
I'm hesitating to retry directly with 10.10.5

Awesome, yeah wait. 10.10.5 is actually a little slow anyway. If you did audio fix from my older guide, I found out that you only need hdaenabler 1 or ssdt.aml and not both so you can ditch ssdt.aml. I updated the guide a couple days ago and tossed the ssdt.aml. have fun!

Hi rbbunmc....thanks for your guide. I want to build a machine like your but with a less expansive graphic card because my purpose is to use the hk in my studio as audio machine. So I want to ask you what graphic card you think is compatible with your configuration between a gtx 750 or gtx 760 or gtx 960. Do you use Thunderboltex II dual or the single version of the card? I would like to use the dual version...should it be compatible?
Actually i use in another hackintosh a simple gt610 card...
Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey Guys,

Was curious if you think this guide might work with the Asus Z10PE-D8 WS running a couple of 14 core 2695 V3's?

Thanks,

jb
[h=1][/h]

Hi rbbunmc,

Thanks for your guide!
I've got the same Config (Asus X99, ThunderblotEx2 Dual, 64g memory and M2 for System Disk…) and everything works fine on 10.10.5!
I've got only an issue with my graphics card.
It's a NVidia Quadro 4000 , I must to inject Nvidia on clover to recognise the card…
When it's done, all works but I see only 2ports on the three available…

I have two Dell U2415 monitors in 1920x1200 and I've already changed the resolution of your config.
I've tried GraphicsEnabler, Fix Display, Changed the number of ports on clover boot, injected EDID, but still the same...

Any idea on how to activate the third port (it's the second displayPort…)?

I'm trying to figure out a way to UNpatch my audio so that I can go back to a 3.1 profile. Anyone have any idea how to do this? I'm running 10.10.4. Can't reinstall and I didn't save files. :/

can someone post?

Hi guys,
I also wanted to join to thank rbbunmc, and all the other contributors in this site.

I'm at my first hackintosh. It works!

X99 (Asus deluxe + i7-5820k) + Clover + M.2 (Samsung SM951) boot

I still have to check ethernet and audio (low priority at present).

I'm slightly disappointed by the performances, GPU in particular (Asus Strix GTX 980): 52 fps in Cinebench.
On the CPU side I still have to experiment with OC.
No problem instead on the M.2 drive and with 3xACA300 RAID 0.

My next goal is to install Win and Linux on a different SSD. The first (very naive) attempt with a Win install USB failed miserably ... I have to study: any suggestion on the best guide for my scenario (win and linux *after* OS X, with clover, on a different disk and this platform)?

After that I would like to convert the RAID 0 array to a RAID 5 under OSX (for data, not for boot). Using the motherboard fake RAID I had no success; any comment or suggestion?
I know I could by some commercial software supporting RAID 5 (or even better a true hardware controller) but I would prefer to avoid that if possible now.

Thank you for any kind of support.
Simone

A question...what case did you use with the X99-E-WS motherboard? I see that this mb has CEB form factory so not all cases are compatible...
Which one did you use to assembly this mb?

Hey rbbunmc, how are you.

I am so happy you have made this guide, for a few weeks I have been unable to get 10.10 working on my build, I haven't used this guide yet but I will this week, but before I do can you please tell me if it is necessary to use M.2 drive as boot drive? I also have a Asus X99-A with 5960X and Titan Z. Can you tell me is your guide possible with this motherboard is there anything special I have to do? Is there anyway we can talk? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back