Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shamanjam looks like kernel wasn't patched I'm not sure why its not working for some people. Try to add debug=0x14e as bootflag, if it works thats the problem. Just open terminal and repatch when you get in. Other issues can be you didn't use kext wizard to repair permissions and need -x -f -v nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 to boot and repair. Otherwise repair permissions on your usb if you are trying to boot from usb. These are easy fixes. As for ethernet, use multibeast and try to identify a driver that activates it. Ethernet issues are also caused if you don't clear your cache. Kextbeast can fix that or look up terminal commands.

Shamanjam looks like kernel wasn't patched I'm not sure why its not working for some people. Try to add debug=0x14e as bootflag, if it works thats the problem. Just open terminal and repatch when you get in. Other issues can be you didn't use kext wizard to repair permissions and need -x -f -v nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 to boot and repair. Otherwise repair permissions on your usb if you are trying to boot from usb. These are easy fixes. As for ethernet, use multibeast and try to identify a driver that activates it. Ethernet issues are also caused if you don't clear your cache. Kextbeast can fix that or look up terminal commands.

I can't boot from the SSD with debug=0x14e or even -x -f -v nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1...
No problem to boot from the USB, but all the boxes on Kext Wizard are greyed so impossible to repair permissions (neither in disk utility).
Ethernet works now: AppleIntelE1000e.kext is the good driver.

Anyone know why some programs look like they aren't seeing graphics acceleration?

I used to be getting 24FPS playback on Multibeast install and now I'm getting 2 FPS on clover. Any ideas here?

Thanks

Shamanjam
Any of these "stupid/duh" mistakes?

1) didn't run clover and copy in EFI folder?
2) clicked wrong settings in clover install?

I mean if you're able to boot legacy off usb, clover I presume, then EFI is logical to check for the problem. Mount your EFI and see what you have and if you accidently installed it on the wrong drive. You're definitely right there close to finished :)

Anyone know why some programs look like they aren't seeing graphics acceleration?

I used to be getting 24FPS playback on Multibeast install and now I'm getting 2 FPS on clover. Any ideas here?

Thanks

Have you installed windows 10? I find I have problems occassionally with windows updates, especially when it comes to thunderbolt. I get thunderbolt working, windows updates and no more booting with thunderbolt. I had seen a windows folder on my system setup so I know windows and osx are communicating through EFI even though they are on seperate drives. Windows 10 ability to recognize and modify/delete unapproved hardware may be a nightmare for hackintosh in EFI and yet realized. Win7 and 8.1 supposedly were given a similar capability. If you're looking for full graphics Id suggest having your card flashed from MacVidCards

Have you installed windows 10? I find I have problems occassionally with windows updates, especially when it comes to thunderbolt. I get thunderbolt working, windows updates and no more booting with thunderbolt. I had seen a windows folder on my system setup so I know windows and osx are communicating through EFI even though they are on seperate drives. Windows 10 ability to recognize and modify/delete unapproved hardware may be a nightmare for hackintosh in EFI and yet realized. Win7 and 8.1 supposedly were given a similar capability. If you're looking for full graphics Id suggest having your card flashed from MacVidCards
I don't have win 10 and this was working very well under a MultiBeast setup.

Shamanjam
Any of these "stupid/duh" mistakes?

1) didn't run clover and copy in EFI folder?
2) clicked wrong settings in clover install?

I mean if you're able to boot legacy off usb, clover I presume, then EFI is logical to check for the problem. Mount your EFI and see what you have and if you accidently installed it on the wrong drive. You're definitely right there close to finished :)

I double-checked those steps. Then I tried (on purpose) to install Clover on the SSD without replacing the EFI folder as mentioned in the process. The boot fails exactly the same way, and all you say makes sense, so the error must be near. But I can't figure out what's wrong. I'll have a look once again!

EDIT: I just saw that I had two ''Clover Boot Options'' buttons on the booting screen of both SSD and USB... Weird...

I double-checked those steps. Then I tried (on purpose) to install Clover on the SSD without replacing the EFI folder as mentioned in the process. The boot fails exactly the same way, and all you say makes sense, so the error must be near. But I can't figure out what's wrong. I'll have a look once again!

Youre screen shows 8 cpu processor, your profile says 6 how comes? By chance did you not modify voodootsc to 11? Not sure if that helps or not. Also what are you installing 10.10.4 or 10.10.5? I am not sure if my old EFI folder is compatible with 10.10.5. I have since updated the install files for 10.10.5 that you can use instead. You'd just have to download it in yosemite and paste the EFI folder in the EFI partition. Please keep me updated even if you find a fix so I know if modifications need to be made to my install/instructions. You already have been help in that I will update instructions for no -es boards to install that kext for ethernet. Thanks for that!

Youre screen shows 8 cpu processor, your profile says 6 how comes? By chance did you not modify voodootsc to 11? Not sure if that helps or not. Also what are you installing 10.10.4 or 10.10.5? I am not sure if my old EFI folder is compatible with 10.10.5. I have since updated the install files for 10.10.5 that you can use instead. You'd just have to download it in yosemite and paste the EFI folder in the EFI partition. Please keep me updated even if you find a fix so I know if modifications need to be made to my install/instructions. You already have been help in that I will update instructions for no -es boards to install that kext for ethernet. Thanks for that!

The number of cpus vary on every boot fail from 0 to 10. But I checked the voodootsc's: the one used in the Unibeast stick was suitable for my processor, but the one in the EFI-post-install USB wasn't. I changed that, then copied the folder in the EFI partition, but still no boot unfortunately.
I'm installing 10.10.4. And of course you'll be kept up to date. But for now I'll have a break; wake up early tomorrow.

Woooow!! thank you rbbunmc! Your guide is incredible!

I have almost the same config as you but with an asus rampage V extreme instead.

I wanted to had a intel 750 ssd nvme, do you think it's better to take a sm951?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back