Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem, I am happy to help people. Graphics acceleration requires a driver and no tweaking. It mentions this in my guide, but I bet there is just a difference in our language. Here is a link to the current driver you need.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/88655/en-us

^ Note. Above link is the current Nvidia driver as of 07/30/2015. It is up to date as of 08/07/2015 but I'd advise anybody reading this guide in the future to google [ nvidia driver "your card" osx ] for up to date drivers. You won't see your card listed to be supported, since it is not native. It works.

Got it guy, all working but audio, still working on that one and I will follow the updated guide that you post for that. One only down fall that I notice at the ABOUT THIS MAC it shows for memory DDR3. its not like I really care but just to let others know, as long it recognize all my ram thats all it counts. Thanks.

@theveterant - You are right it shows DDR3. I think you can make it show DDR4 in CLOVER. If you change the frequency of memory by OC in your bios it will update to show the change in "About my Mac". ie it will change from 16666 Mhz to 1800 Mhz to 2200 Mhz to 2800 Mhz etc... I am not sure if assigning the memory profile in Clover to DDR4 does anything in Mac that is cosmetic like changing it from saying DDR3 to DDR4 in "About my Mac", or if there is anything functional to it. I am not aware of any current Mac systems that use DDR4 so by default I am guessing that is why the "About My Mac" shows DDR3. I think the big purpose of DDR4 is higher frequency at lower voltage, so as long as OSx is seeing the OC frequency as it is doing, I am not sure that showing DDR3 vs DDR4 makes any difference. I could be wrong. I agree, I want it to say DDR4 as well and want to hope that it will be functional and make a difference. I might play in Clover soon to see if it will do anything. I am happy you have everything running. If you put in the the MacPro5,1 config.plist I put in attachments, it is a pretty good clover list that minimizes un-needed code. You can always stick with the good working Macpro3,1 config.plist that is in the EFI folder if it works good and make changes to that. It takes time to familiarize yourself with it and get totally comfortable, but you sound like you are doing good with it. Good luck! If you ever find a working fix for native Realtek1500 audio, I would be happy to know. Thanks again!

@theveterant - You are right it shows DDR3. I think you can make it show DDR4 in CLOVER. If you change the frequency of memory by OC in your bios it will update to show the change in "About my Mac". ie it will change from 16666 Mhz to 1800 Mhz to 2200 Mhz to 2800 Mhz etc... I am not sure if assigning the memory profile in Clover to DDR4 does anything in Mac that is cosmetic like changing it from saying DDR3 to DDR4 in "About my Mac", or if there is anything functional to it. I am not aware of any current Mac systems that use DDR4 so by default I am guessing that is why the "About My Mac" shows DDR3. I think the big purpose of DDR4 is higher frequency at lower voltage, so as long as OSx is seeing the OC frequency as it is doing, I am not sure that showing DDR3 vs DDR4 makes any difference. I could be wrong. I agree, I want it to say DDR4 as well and want to hope that it will be functional and make a difference. I might play in Clover soon to see if it will do anything. I am happy you have everything running. If you put in the the MacPro5,1 config.plist I put in attachments, it is a pretty good clover list that minimizes un-needed code. You can always stick with the good working Macpro3,1 config.plist that is in the EFI folder if it works good and make changes to that. It takes time to familiarize yourself with it and get totally comfortable, but you sound like you are doing good with it. Good luck! If you ever find a working fix for native Realtek1500 audio, I would be happy to know. Thanks again!

Don't worry I will post if anything I can change to get audio, I will use an usb external device to see if it works. Also I will like to see if you or anyone here have able to get theres OC working. I will like to have mine working a 4.5Ghz. Have you got any SSDT.aml or DSDT.aml files done of your system, if you have, could explain me how you did yours, I don't want to mess up the system its running fine but it won't heart to get a little boost from a OC when need it most, Im ready to test this 128GB Ram kit with PremierPro on OS X Yosemite, Thanks to you and all the wiz guys in this forum that makes it happen, TIA guy.

I did my overclock in about this MAC it shows the ram speed but the type still remain the same, as far OC goes it still stock at 3.2Ghz, but when I boot up from bios held the F-4 key while booting and now in the EFI folder, ACPI folder, origin folder clover dump a bunch of files and there is a SSDT-0.aml file, a SSDT.aml and an APIC.aml file along with some others files as well like 24 files included the ones that I mention.

The 24+ files in ACPI is new to me. I don't think I have anything near that, but I haven't really looked. It might change if you replace the config.plist macpro3,1 file with the config.plist macpro5,1 file I made as a standalone attachment. The config.plist macpro5,1 is my newest one and minimizes many of the unnecessary "fixes" that don't really do anything. To overclock look back about a page. The first step is to turn off "intel speedsteptechnology" in bios and then overclock as normal. SMAK also mentions a method using AISuite a couple of posts back where we talk about overclocking. If you are using any translator tools, make sure to translate all of the conversation between me, lindgren, and smak on the topic and don't follow my recommendation of trying to remove any kexts as lindgren found it slowed down OC a little bit. You should only turn off "intel speedsteptechnology" in bios and then overclock as normal in bios like I did, or overclock in AISuite like SMAK did. I don't have my board at the moment, it is getting RMA'd for a RAM slot problem. I had good overclocking scores and can share an OC guide on it when my board is back. I have seen DSDT.aml OC files that people have shared, but I wouldn't recommend using one. I tried to use one and it failed to boot. It could be that I used the file wrong, but self OC is easy. Keep us updated. We have all found geekbench 3 to be a good program for the $15USD it cost for both Windows and MacOSx versions. I think it is like $10USD or close to that for MacOSx alone. The free version only gives you 32-bit scores and not 64-bit so is kind of pointless :rolleyes: It is up to you, but I did find it to be a good tool for overclocking and benchmark comparison. Good luck you sound close! For audio you can always try VooDooHDA method short term. I find VooDooHDA works really well. You can always delete the kext from S/L/E when your USB card comes. You just need to make 100% sure that any time you add or delete a kext file from your S/L/E folder that you run "repair disk permissions" with KextWizard (preferably) or DiskRepair. If you don't it can give you boot failure next time you try to log in.

Awesome to know. I will update users- I saw @The Veterant also had his memory showing up as DDR3, mine did aswell. I changed that in the clover configurator and specified all my memories as the exact memories they are with serial number, manufacturer and memory capacity. Now they show up right in the system information program, but now without ANY information about DDR3 or DDR4 haha :)

View attachment 146426

---

When updating the config.plist. Is it the right way to just compile a new version of that file in clover, mount the EFI partition from the "Mount EFI" tool in clover and then delete the "config.plist" that I find in "EFI -> EFI - CLOVER" and then paste my new one and restart my computer?

That works. Another way is...
PHP:
diskutil list

identify proper EFI "diskXs1" where X is 0,1,2,etc...

PHP:
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/diskXs1 /Volumes/efi

Find config.plist in your EFI partition, delete your old one and paste in the one.

---

@rbbunmc - You mentioned about macvideocards and flashing gpu card... So what you are saying is that there is windows video cards and there is mac video cards? Yes And we (you and I) have windows video cards (GTX 980Ti and Titan X)? Yes And so Nvidia is trying their best with their drivers for MacOsX to achieve the best performance for a windows video card inside a mac? Yes Have I understood that correctly? Yes

To be clear though. There is no such thing as GTX980Ti and Titan X Mac Cards. Typically MacPro releases with something like a high performance AMDFirePro workstation card. When these become outdated, because of MacPro being 2+ years old people, or in older MacPro models people want to update their or card. So they will buy something new like a GTX980Ti or TitanX that has been flashed by a company to make it work much better on Mac. Flashing replaces firmware installed on the card for best support, where a graphics driver just works to make it function.

I have the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia and my hackintosh is up and running fine with my GTX 980Ti but I can't (as I have mentioned before) get some nice gpu acceleration. But now I understad that it is not a problem with clover but with the driver. Probably correct. I will check my numbers on Tuesday for comparison.

---

About the ethernet and sound. I have nothing to provide you there. I am using a USB soundcard and a USB 3.0 / Gigabit Ethernet card. Ethernet should not be a problem, mine is fine.

---

As I have mentioned before in a earlier post in this thread my apple id wont work on this installation so I can't login to itunes store or apple store. First of all - did @rbbunmc get that to work? Or has anyone else got that to work? This shouldn't be a problem, mine works fine. Did you regenerate your serial number under bios so it recognizes it as a unique PC? Let me know how this works for you.

---

A quick question - What is DSDT and SSDT? They are pre-generated compiled system files that are specific to a persons board. Often they are made to make patches and used to be necessary in some cases to make installs of OSx, but not so anymore.

---

I wanted to see my frequency on my CPU after I clocked it a little bit and downloaded both iStat Menus and HWMonitor. But non of those programs could see and other hardware than my disks. So I found a solution where to install other kexts:

ACPISensors.kext
CPUSensors.kext
GPUSensors.kext
LPCSensors.kext

And a new version of the FakeSMC.kext.

I did that and then I could se my exactly CPU clock in the menu bar and I could also control my fans from there. It all was very nice but when I had these kexts installed the computer got very very slow. It could not shutdown properly so I had to press the chassi button every time to shutdown and the startup/boot time became really really slow. Neat, I will have play with these. As for the slow startup and boots, I am not sure as I haven't played with them yet.

Any ideas how to get this up and working in the right way? I will play with these on Tuesday and figure it out. Can you post a link to where you got the kexts?

---

That's all for me! :)

I appreciate any answers, thanks in advance!

/Daniel[/QUOTE]

As you begin to make changes and custom your system, changing one thing may disable another. My best guess on the AppStore is for you to regenerate the serial number in clover bios (in config.plist). It could be a difference between an X99-deluxe and X99E-WS etc... but more likely something in clover.

This is a confirmation I have iMessages working, I have to sign in with my Apple ID and it required to send notification message to my phone and I have to dial in a code num. to accept the computer to received message from my Phone. I didn't do anything I just try and it happens, my WIFI card is native to OS X that could be one of the reasons. As you guys can see in my signature also my Geekbench went up in score, I have dial in bios a [email protected], [email protected] w/1.265, Ram@2666Mhz@100Mhz Strap. I did a Cinebench and the CPU score were 1725 and I don't think Yosemite is recognizing all my CPU speed cause at Windows with this OC I can reach a CPU 1800 score, so I need some sore of hardware monitor software to be able to see my OC frequency, I did try Intel monitor but don't work. But so far she's working good I don't want to mess my baby its unreal have all this kind of power on YOSEMITE. In my opinion guy thanks for the hard work you have done for the owners of ASUS X99 boards and the 5960X, without your help and my knowledge it wouldn't be possible to gone this far. Im not a wiz or a programer just an enthusiast that like to read and try things.

Update: Did try to fix my ram @ Clover Configurator and not able to, do to CC don't options or selections for my RAM. My RAM kit as describe at system specs They are 16GB Modules X 8, clover's configurator software don't those options for me to edit my RAM. I do not worry about this, so far my goal is to be able have audio working on that and be able to verify my OC and that's all for me.

@rbbunmc Are you getting GPU temps and fan speeds? I have been having some weird issues since I got my 4k monitor. Where I'm using a scaled mode and I found that my computer has been power cycling more frequently... This could either be because of my display configuration, or the new 32gb of ram is causing issues. I've tried lowering my clock to 4.0ghz and still issues, reset defaults and it seemed fine.. But I had to OC again because of low performance in Resolve. Seems pretty good so far, but wondering where my instability is coming from.

I think I have to abandon this method unfortunately because I still haven't been able to get the Thunderbolt card to work. I am an editor and this is critical for me.

I also installed a BlackMagic Decklink 4k Extreme card in the computer and once I did I got the memory map error from clover again, even when it was working fine without this card installed! Interesting!

I need both of these cards to work though so I guess it's back to Unibeast for me. :(

Right there with ya smak. Not just osx, but windows. Hence my RMA of the 3.0 model. Got a 3.1 and same issue. It has to do with problems in the RAM on the the MB and independent of any operating system. Have you updated to the latest bios from a week ago? Linustechtips mentioned a similar problem in a video on july 29 and said it was fixed with a then unrealeased bios. Its sucked not bein able to OC. Let me know the outcome if you learn the issue. I have been talkin about it on overclock.net and those of us with the problem are hopin for a cure.

I think I have to abandon this method unfortunately because I still haven't been able to get the Thunderbolt card to work. I am an editor and this is critical for me.

I also installed a BlackMagic Decklink 4k Extreme card in the computer and once I did I got the memory map error from clover again, even when it was working fine without this card installed! Interesting!

I need both of these cards to work though so I guess it's back to Unibeast for me. :(
If anyone has any ideas on how to get around these issues I'm all ears.

Has anyone contacted Toleda directly for help with sound on this board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back