Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found when testing the latest 6,1 audio profile that it corrupted my ability to render out quicktimes. Not sure what kext it may be, but when I roll back to my 3,1 profile I was getting better cinebench, geekbench, and luxmark renders, and I was able to render out Quicktime again.

Regardless of this, I still salute you rbbunmc for your pushing forward with this system. It's interesting that you should say hacking is getting hard.

In my opinion Apple who boasted being pirates back in the day as opposed to being in the Navy, really needs to create a hackintosh specific installer of OSX and charge money to get it. This means people are still purchasing their OS with the understanding that they are in charge of getting the system running and apple doesn't provide support.

I have many Apple Apps on my system and OSX specific install all paid for... I would like to continue on this OSX train, but believe the conductors should supply some form of assistance getting to the station.

$12,000 for a system that I can outperform with $5500 is unacceptable in my opinion. Especially because you can no longer modify the PCI cards.
what were you rendering with? What version of osx? This is terrifying to me. Can anyone reproduce?

Thanks

I have been following this thread for awhile now and it seems that you guys have thunderbolt working now, is it stable? any issues? i would like to run my apollo thunderbolt soundcard with this build.

I have been following this thread for awhile now and it seems that you guys have thunderbolt working now, is it stable? any issues? i would like to run my apollo thunderbolt soundcard with this build.

Thunderbolt broke in 10.10.5. if you are on 10.10.4 should work good. Still looking for fixes on 10.10.5. I have everything perfect and a high overclock but back to memory allocation errors and my old fix isnt a fix on it. Frustrating.

Just a heads up to everyone about TRIM enable in terminal.

I tried the 6,1 install which didn't work for my particular needs but is awesome none the less.

What I found was that because I did the trimforce enable in terminal to get 6,1 working this somehow had affected my 3,1 drives that I also TRIM enabled. I've rolled back all my SSD's to sudo trimforce disable, and now my computer boots no problem without weird power cycles on boot.

Just a heads up to everyone about TRIM enable in terminal.

I tried the 6,1 install which didn't work for my particular needs but is awesome none the less.

What I found was that because I did the trimforce enable in terminal to get 6,1 working this somehow had affected my 3,1 drives that I also TRIM enabled. I've rolled back all my SSD's to sudo trimforce disable, and now my computer boots no problem without weird power cycles on boot.
@smak I'm using this machine primarily to encode QuickTime files. What program were you encoding them in and what happened when you tried? What does corrupted mean?

What version of osx were you running?

Thanks

Thanks SMAK and everybody else. With all the updates I have made recently I have noticed a slight flip flop in geek bench scores at 64 bit. My multi-core decreased from 34,360 to 33,169 - but my single core increased from 3607 to 4543. I know the scores are the same in MacPro3,1 and MacPro5,1 and MacPro6,1 so the change in speeds is either from trim support or update to 10.10.5 from 10.10.4.

fragment7 stick around - I found a permanent fix for the memory allocation problem. It is a modified EFI file. <- Should "HOPEFULLY" be permanent. I'll update tonight.

fragment7 stick around - I found a permanent fix for the memory allocation problem. It is a modified EFI file. <- Should "HOPEFULLY" be permanent. I'll update tonight.

hy guys.
please, can you confirm that geek bench 3 64bit for 5960x stock speed reaches about 26.000?
i don't understand why in windows i have 29.000 with geek bench 64bit while on mac i have 26.000

edit: does wake from sleep works for you?
i have black screen when i wake it up

There is absolutely no changes made to the old files. The new files are mainly an update to get audio and MacPro 6,1 working off the bat. The MacPro 6,1 has a graphics patched kext. It is possible that including this patch prior to installing the driver is a problem. I will pull the new files and have people use the old method until I can diagnose if this is the problem. You can always go back after the fact of installing through the old method and try to patch it. The old method also includes more kexts for ethernet etc... I presumed that Asus x99 boards all shared the same ethernet as X99-E WS which is native to OSX. This might not be the case. The early method seems to be a more stable and universal method so I will just leave that on there and remove the new method. You can follow instructions to get audio, trim, and MacBios 6,1. Thanks for your help so I can keep this good for everybody.

Hi guys,

I made a new try, but I faced the same problem with the NVIDIA web drivers. So I guessed the problem came from somewhere else. Had a look at the bios changes I made to have a default configuration (see pics below), and it reminded me I disabled the Serial Port for another installation try, using only UniBeast and MultiBeast. The enabled Serial Port was a cause of booting issue. So I disabled it and tried to install the web drivers and Cuda. Guess what ? It worked ! And it makes sense because when I first tried rbbunmc's process, I didn't reset my Bios to default config :)oops:), but Ethernet and NVIDIA drivers were functionnal.
I haven't finished the whole install process due to some problem when I boot from the SSD after installing Clover, but I'm moving forward. I'm gonna try different changes with the Bios to see if it can make Ethernet working and/or boot properly.

@shlndr: Is your Serial Port enabled ? In my Bios, you can find this option in Advanced->Onboard Devices Configuration->Serial Port Configuration. It might worth having a look ;)

@rbbunmc: Do you think that setting the Bios to Default configuration may generate bad settings for your install process ? I mean, excluding those you mention in your install process. Maybe your MB default config slightly differs from other X99 Asus MB and so it causes issues?
By the way, sorry for having mislead you with my last post: it seems that my problems don't come from the install process, wether new or older.

IMG_1846.JPGIMG_1847.JPG

mmm can't find a way to boot from the SSD... I don't know what's wrong with the CPU...

IMG_1859 (1).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back