Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys!

I've managed to install macOS Sonoma to my computer, just to test and configure OpenCore before the official release.

I'm having some problems with my graphics card though. I'm using an AMD 5700XT graphics card and I have connected my monitor to one of it's DisplayPort ports.

I'm getting no graphics acceleration at all. In macOS Ventura I had some software acceleration, since I saw everything with blurring and so on but, the moment I needed graphics acceleration (games, Photoshop or Premiere) the GPU was at 0% of load and CPU was overloaded.

I'm using agdpmod=pikera in the boot arguments. Am I missing anything else?

Attached is my config.plist. I'm using my build 1.

Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    30.3 KB · Views: 39
Hi guys!

I've managed to install macOS Sonoma to my computer, just to test and configure OpenCore before the official release.

I'm having some problems with my graphics card though. I'm using an AMD 5700XT graphics card and I have connected my monitor to one of it's DisplayPort ports.

I'm getting no graphics acceleration at all. In macOS Ventura I had some software acceleration, since I saw everything with blurring and so on but, the moment I needed graphics acceleration (games, Photoshop or Premiere) the GPU was at 0% of load and CPU was overloaded.

I'm using agdpmod=pikera in the boot arguments. Am I missing anything else?

Attached is my config.plist. I'm using my build 1.

Thanks!
you have a kabylake CPU but using a Coffelake smbios?

you do not need:

Code:
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
                <string>00003001</string>
if you are using an AMD card (also framebuffer-stolenmem should be Data and not String)

EDIT:

also Lilu kext should be first in your list in your config.plist

doubt you need:
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext
and you probably only need the one Ethernet kext

iMac18,2 or iMac18,3 would be a better choice

Kaby Lake systems lose native support in Sonoma, so using the CFL SMBIOS is one option if you want to keep using the IGPU. Otherwise using the iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 with the IGPU disabled in the bios, and relying on your dGPU for all graphics processing is required.

If you are using the KBL HD630 IGPU, then you need to use a Fake device-id entry for the IGPU, Coffee Lake UHD 630 IGPU being the logical selection.

As you have a discrete GPU the IGPU should be using an empty/headless framebuffer, so the other IGPU framebuffer entries are not required, other than the fake device-id.

Last edited:
you have a kabylake CPU but using a Coffelake smbios?

you do not need:

Code:
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
if you are using an AMD card (also framebuffer-stolenmem should be Data and not String)

EDIT:

also Lilu kext should be first in your list in your config.plist

doubt you need:
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext
and you probably only need the one Ethernet kext

iMac18,2 or iMac18,3 would be a better choice
Hello!

Sure, I was doing some testing. That config.plist crashed... As in Sonoma iMac 18,3 lost support I tried other sabios... I really don't know which one to use here...
Kaby Lake systems lose native support in Sonoma, so using the CFL SMBIOS is one option if you want to keep using the IGPU. Otherwise using the iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 with the IGPU disabled in the bios, and relying on your dGPU for all graphics processing is required.

If you are using the KBL HD630 IGPU, then you need to use a Fake device-id entry for the IGPU, Coffee Lake UHD 630 IGPU being the logical selection.

As you have a discrete GPU the IGPU should be using an empty/headless framebuffer, so the other IGPU framebuffer entries are not required, other than the fake device-id.
I don't need the iGPU at all, I prefer using the specific AMD card for all the graphics processing, since it's an 5700XT I suppose it will perform better than the iGPU.

So attached is the current config.plist I'm using in Ventura. I'm also not getting here any graphics acceleration and (I know this doesn't come to this topic) but I'm experiencing a tone of problems with USB's (I don't get to work usb 3.0) I disabled USBMap.kext I made since it didn't do anything.

Thank you!

Attachments

• config.plist
    30.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Hello!

Sure, I was doing some testing. That config.plist crashed... As in Sonoma iMac 18,3 lost support I tried other sabios... I really don't know which one to use here...

I don't need the iGPU at all, I prefer using the specific AMD card for all the graphics processing, since it's an 5700XT I suppose it will perform better than the iGPU.

So attached is the current config.plist I'm using in Ventura. I'm also not getting here any graphics acceleration and (I know this doesn't come to this topic) but I'm experiencing a tone of problems with USB's (I don't get to work usb 3.0) I disabled USBMap.kext I made since it didn't do anything.

Thank you!
you can create a new thread for your usb issues after you have followed:
and still having issues

also no need for:

Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>AwASWQ==</data>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
            </dict>

still only need 1 ethernet kext, still should not need AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext

also then best to use a CoffeLake smbios

Last edited:
you can create a new thread for your usb issues after you have followed:
and still having issues

also no need for:

Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>AwASWQ==</data>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
            </dict>

still only need 1 ethernet kext, still should not need AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext

also then best to use a CoffeLake smbios
So I deleted this fragment of code but I still have the same problem. I'll try later to delete the AHCI_Intel_Generic.

Which CoffeLake SMBIOS do you recommend me?

As for the graphics, It's weird, since I get the fancy blurry OS, but no hardware injection in any app (Attached is Premiere)

Attachments

• IMG_8489.jpg
    IMG_8489.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8490.jpg
    IMG_8490.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • Captura de pantalla 2023-09-06 a las 21.21.11.png
    Captura de pantalla 2023-09-06 a las 21.21.11.png
    139.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Captura de pantalla 2023-09-06 a las 21.19.39.png
    Captura de pantalla 2023-09-06 a las 21.19.39.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 29
  • config.plist
    29.5 KB · Views: 23
So I deleted this fragment of code but I still have the same problem. I'll try later to delete the AHCI_Intel_Generic.

Which CoffeLake SMBIOS do you recommend me?

As for the graphics, It's weird, since I get the fancy blurry OS, but no hardware injection in any app (Attached is Premiere)
screenshots look fine

also SGX should be disabled

iMac19,1 would be best then if you are using Ventura

or iMac18,1 for anything before Ventura

(still don't need 3 ethernet kexts!)

But yet I'm not getting any graphics acceleration from the graphics card. All the graphics are coming through the processor...

If you see the Activity app, when rendering in Premiere (or any other video editing) it goes through CPU, not GPU. I also have the same problem in Quicktime.

I'll use iMac 19,1 since I also see there is support for Sonoma.

As for the Ethernet, I've disabled AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext. Have in mind that in my motherboard I have two ethernet. Which other one do you think shouldn't be there?

Thank you!

But yet I'm not getting any graphics acceleration from the graphics card. All the graphics are coming through the processor...

If you see the Activity app, when rendering in Premiere (or any other video editing) it goes through CPU, not GPU. I also have the same problem in Quicktime.

I'll use iMac 19,1 since I also see there is support for Sonoma.

As for the Ethernet, I've disabled AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext. Have in mind that in my motherboard I have two ethernet. Which other one do you think shouldn't be there?

Thank you!
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kex is not an ethernet kext

your internal graphics is disabled in your bios......

AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kex is not an ethernet kext

your internal graphics is disabled in your bios......
Could it be that my bios is not working properly?

Back