Intel HD 4600 integrated
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all,

I'm in the process of upgrading my working 10.9.4 install (currently using Chameleon) on my 4530s.

The Probook has an i3 and HD3000 graphics.

I've followed the instructions very carefully in nguyenmac's thread "Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI" but unfortunately, I'm met with a strange error.

Clover will boot fine using the EFI menu and I can select the installer partition within Clover. After doing so and booting with no flags, the system will reach the point where the installer should open. Rather than giving me the window though, I'm just met with a gray screen with a mouse (which I can move around fine). This screen never changes, I left it for over an hour to be sure.

If I press the power button the mouse will switch to the beachball.

Does anyone have experience with this problem?

I'm using the config.plist from the .zip from nguyenmac's thread, specifically the 4530s HD3000 1600x900+ one.

Hey all,

I'm in the process of upgrading my working 10.9.4 install (currently using Chameleon) on my 4530s.

The Probook has an i3 and HD3000 graphics.

I've followed the instructions very carefully in nguyenmac's thread "Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI" but unfortunately, I'm met with a strange error.

Clover will boot fine using the EFI menu and I can select the installer partition within Clover. After doing so and booting with no flags, the system will reach the point where the installer should open. Rather than giving me the window though, I'm just met with a gray screen with a mouse (which I can move around fine). This screen never changes, I left it for over an hour to be sure.

If I press the power button the mouse will switch to the beachball.

Does anyone have experience with this problem?

I'm using the config.plist from the .zip from nguyenmac's thread, specifically the 4530s HD3000 1600x900+ one.

Read post #296, here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Thanks for the suggestion, frustratingly though, the issue remains. I've copied the Mini-SSDT-Duallink.aml and renamed it to ssdt.aml and placed it in the ACPI/patched folder. Unfortunatelyit doesnt seem to have made a difference.

I am supposed to be using Intel=true in the config, yes? I have a 1080p screen.

Read post #296 carefully. Inject/Intel=false.

Thanks again. I'm still met with the same issue, this time though it goes straight to beachball, not a mouse pointer.

Do you have any other ideas? Just to confirm, I'm using Mini-SSDT-Duallink from https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch and placing it in my EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder with the name ssdt.aml.

Thanks again. I'm still met with the same issue, this time though it goes straight to beachball, not a mouse pointer.

Do you have any other ideas? Just to confirm, I'm using Mini-SSDT-Duallink from https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch and placing it in my EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder with the name ssdt.aml.

Be patient. It will beachball for a bit, but eventually come out of it.

Been about 15 minutes now, should I keep waiting? I have lots of time.

Been about 15 minutes now, should I keep waiting? I have lots of time.

Should not take that long. You likely have some sort of USB problem.

Alright. Should I remake the USB? Try a different port?

Alright. Should I remake the USB? Try a different port?

I think so... This is not an exact science.

You could also place a completely patched DSDT at ACPI/patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back