1. 512K
  2. Plus
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just to underline a reported solution I read, my 4530s was suffering from creeping graphics glitches (white lines, blocky artifacts, etc) that usually started after using Flash-enable web sites for a while, got slowly worse, and ended with the screen being totally non-responsive (but the underlying system still alive, e.g., media audio would keep playing, network services were still accessible, etc.). I discovered that the system only came with a single 4gb memory module. Upgrading to a name-brand pair of identical modules and running in dual-channel mode fixed the problem, and my system uptime is now in excess of a week with no glitches or other freezes to speak of. Just posted for anyone who's been having similar issues and is pulling their hair out!

Just to underline a reported solution I read, my 4530s was suffering from creeping graphics glitches (white lines, blocky artifacts, etc) that usually started after using Flash-enable web sites for a while, got slowly worse, and ended with the screen being totally non-responsive (but the underlying system still alive, e.g., media audio would keep playing, network services were still accessible, etc.). I discovered that the system only came with a single 4gb memory module. Upgrading to a name-brand pair of identical modules and running in dual-channel mode fixed the problem, and my system uptime is now in excess of a week with no glitches or other freezes to speak of. Just posted for anyone who's been having similar issues and is pulling their hair out!

Make sure you re-patch your DSDT to account for additional RAM installed...

Make sure you re-patch your DSDT to account for additional RAM installed...

Ready for a shock? I already did, because I read the Probook Installer CE instructions carefully. My only suggestion for those instructions: Make it clearer that you have to use Clover on a USB to boot from your hard drive to patch DSDT (that part wasn't clear to me), and put the instructions about moving the kexts for the SD card reader on the main post. I think now it's on page 25 of the installation instructions?

Thanks for all of your hard work, my system is humming!

Ready for a shock? I already did, because I read the Probook Installer CE instructions carefully.

Congratulations! You're 1 in 1000...

My only suggestion for those instructions: Make it clearer that you have to use Clover on a USB to boot from your hard drive to patch DSDT (that part wasn't clear to me),

It is pretty clear in the PBI Clover thread...

and put the instructions about moving the kexts for the SD card reader on the main post. I think now it's on page 25 of the installation instructions?

Or just install all kexts to /S/L/E as would be done on a real Mac...

SD card reader kexts are put in S/L/E in new PBI Clover.

It's funny though, have you ever noticed that you get flickering lines on select websites? Including this one.
NO?? Ok tilt your screen back slightly. See it now? Lol now try another webpage like google's home page.

It's funny though, have you ever noticed that you get flickering lines on select websites? Including this one.
NO?? Ok tilt your screen back slightly. See it now? Lol now try another webpage like google's home page.

It is a problem specific to certain apps, including Chrome by Google.

Oh yeeeaaahh! So it is! Does it just effect the probook or is it a mac thing?

Oh yeeeaaahh! So it is! Does it just effect the probook or is it a mac thing?

Some people say it happens on real Macs. However it does not happen on my MacBookAir6,2, nor my Lenovo u430. Seems to depend on the specific screen being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back