Contribute
Register

3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2+

Status
Not open for further replies.
when you copying files with USB 3.0 then plug another thumb drive to another USB 2.0, is it restarting? thanks

That work for me but when I copying via USB 3.0 to external Hardisk then I plug a thumb drive to another USB 2 port, it will restart (not always) randomly

3rd Party USB 3.0 Controllers are known to have problems in 10.11+.
Probably better to either replace the board with a Series 7 board with native USB 3.0 Support.
Or purchase a FL1100 Based USB 3.0 Card.

Anybody here having a kernel panic at restart or shutdown with GenericUSBXHCI on 10.13.2? I had to remove the kext because it would not allow me to turn off my Hackintosh.

I am using GenericUSBXHCI.kext v1.2.11 in L/E. Some USB harddisks work on my VIA VL800 USB ports, but most are not. Is there anything i can do software-wise to make all USB drives work on these ports?
All USB drives work fine on the Intel driven USB ports.

Anybody here having a kernel panic at restart or shutdown with GenericUSBXHCI on 10.13.2? I had to remove the kext because it would not allow me to turn off my Hackintosh.

I have the same problem. I had to remove it as well, but I've lost USB 3.0 support. I have an Asmedia 1042 chipset on my x79 board. Did you come up with a solution?

I have the same problem. I had to remove it as well, but I've lost USB 3.0 support. I have an Asmedia 1042 chipset on my x79 board. Did you come up with a solution?
Idem, on Asus Rampage IV Black Edition, have the same problem. I hope someone find the solution....

@scsimaya, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I found a temporary solution to the problem, with the Rampage IV Black Edition just disable in the bios the first of the three USB 3.0 Asmedia contoller and the card turns off properly

Hi, no one helps us?:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back