Contribute
Register

3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I realise that, but the weirdest thing is that without the 200-series-injector, there was no data signal going to the Asmedia port. On its own the revised GenericUSBXHCI only seemed to provide power and nothing else to the board.

Anyways I will try and remove the kexts to this configuration and see what happens.

Sorry, but you're wrong. XHCI-200-series-injector.kext has nothing to do with ASmedia.

There was some other reason for the differences you observed. Probably your installing the XHCI-200-series-injector.kext triggered a kernel cache rebuild which you previously failed to do after modifying the Info.plist for GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Hello,

I just installed High Sierra on a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H. All works fine more or less, Video Card, Sleep, Audio. But I have a problem with USB ports and shutdown.

- When I have installed genericxusbci, all the USB 2 & 3 ports works fine, but he computer reboot instead of shutdown.
- When I remove it, system can be shut down properly, but VIA USB3.0 cannot be driven.

I've tried:

- Fixshutdown in clover
- Patched DSDT

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Hello,

I just installed High Sierra on a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H. All works fine more or less, Video Card, Sleep, Audio. But I have a problem with USB ports and shutdown.

- When I have installed genericxusbci, all the USB 2 & 3 ports works fine, but he computer reboot instead of shutdown.
- When I remove it, system can be shut down properly, but VIA USB3.0 cannot be driven.

I've tried:

- Fixshutdown in clover
- Patched DSDT

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext has no application for 7-series Intel xHCI.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext has no application for 7-series Intel xHCI.
Setting up asus z170-k seems to be working with GenericUSBXHCI.kext, not sure if its stable. This is w/10.11. will try
Hsierra on another partition w/out it and see how it goes.

Maybe someone can tell if the setup would cause instability in 10.11 with the system files posted?

1b21 1242 = ASM1142

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 4.09.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 4.09.46 PM.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 199
  • debug_12844.zip
    749.5 KB · Views: 131
Setting up asus z170-k seems to be working with GenericUSBXHCI.kext, not sure if its stable. This is w/10.11. will try
Hsierra on another partition w/out it and see how it goes.

Maybe someone can tell if the setup would cause instability in 10.11 with the system files posted?

1b21 1242 = ASM1142

GenericUSBXHCI.kext is probably somewhat ok with 10.11. I would tend to avoid it if possible though..., especially with newer macOS.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext is probably somewhat ok with 10.11. I would tend to avoid it if possible though..., especially with newer macOS.
Updating to high sierra and doing the power injections for applebuspowercontrollerusb to show in ioreg, the system info even shows "USB3.1". Only will not show in 10.11 without GenericUSBXHCI. Even then with it, does not seem stable.

Thanks for those guides, It didn't work correctly without the power injections for usb.

Hi @RehabMan

I have managed to build an SSDT for a new Z370_Aorus_Gaming_K3 motherboard which features an Asmedia 3142 USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller alongside the Intel chipset one.

It shows-up on RP19 in IOReg, not XHC etc. It is working but makes a memory stick *very* hot.

Is this a foible of the Asmedia chip or is it a sign of incompatibility?

Thanks
:)

Last edited:
@RehabMan is this the right thread to ask questions about ASMedia?

"On the Asus Prima Z370-A I have the main device-id: a2af
It's listed as @XHC so everything is good and well and I can move on to creating a custom SSDT.

But the in IOReg is listed what supposedly is another controller, IS IT?
It is at @RP05 with device-id: a294 and I'm unable to find reference on how to handle it...
Should I add a kext for that controller and then patch it?
I attached IOReg image, thanks."

Should I use GenericUSBXHCI.kext?

Thnaks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 10.06.54.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 10.06.54.png
    202.3 KB · Views: 411
@RehabMan is this the right thread to ask questions about ASMedia?
But the in IOReg is listed what supposedly is another controller, IS IT?
It is at @RP05 with device-id: a294 and I'm unable to find reference on how to handle it...
Should I add a kext for that controller and then patch it?
I attached IOReg image, thanks."

The vendor-id is 8086 (Intel), therefore not AsMedia.
It is likely the Intel TB3 controller.

The vendor-id is 8086 (Intel), therefore not AsMedia.
It is likely the Intel TB3 controller.
You see I learned some other stuff today! Thanks!

Since such board has USB Gen 2 Type C (on the board itself, not talking about TB3) then is it handled by the a2af XHC?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back