Contribute
Register

3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there someone who might help me with USB 3.1 Ports (ASUS Z170 Deluxe)?
Somehow I am not able to get any connection...
So far I have used USBInjectAll and the Port Limit Patch, but had no success.
Much appreciated! :)

Hi guys, i hope, you can help me.

BTW: Sorry for my english, i'm still learning. If you find a mistake, you can keep it for free. :oops:

I have a late 2008 Macbook Pro w/OSX 10.11.4. I really love it. Works good. But then i thought it would be a great idea to buy a Gmyle USB3 card. It wasn't. It kept me for hours and hours from doing the really important stuff. No chance to make it work, even with your wonderful walkthroughs. I see the icon in the upper right corner, the card is recognized by the system but it does not load a driver. And i didn't find a download link for the latest driver versions.

Could you please help me?

Thank you very much!

Hi guys, i hope, you can help me.

BTW: Sorry for my english, i'm still learning. If you find a mistake, you can keep it for free. :oops:

I have a late 2008 Macbook Pro w/OSX 10.11.4. I really love it. Works good. But then i thought it would be a great idea to buy a Gmyle USB3 card. It wasn't. It kept me for hours and hours from doing the really important stuff. No chance to make it work, even with your wonderful walkthroughs. I see the icon in the upper right corner, the card is recognized by the system but it does not load a driver. And i didn't find a download link for the latest driver versions.

Could you please help me?

Thank you very much!

With a real Mac you will need to disable SIP in order to load unsigned drivers.

It worked! Thank you very much, RehabMan! Great work! In just one sentence you solved a lot of problems!

Which Fresco device (vendor-id/device-id)?

Hi, Rehabman
these are my USB devices not woking properly:
Fresco FL1009 0x1B73 / 0x1009
VIA VL800 0x1106 / 0x3432

My mobo is GA X79 UP5. Installed El capitan..everything work, but the USBs 3.0. To not get kernel panic I have to disable Fresco in BIOS.

thanks!

Hi, Rehabman
these are my USB devices not woking properly:
Fresco FL1009 0x1B73 / 0x1009
VIA VL800 0x1106 / 0x3432

My mobo is GA X79 UP5. Installed El capitan..everything work, but the USBs 3.0. To not get kernel panic I have to disable Fresco in BIOS.

thanks!

FL1009 can be enabled with an injector kext. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...t-usb3-0-solution-el-capitan.html#post1163114

Can you disable the VIA independently (and just not use it)? You can also try GenericUSBXHCI.kext for the VIA, but I have no idea if it will work.

This wouldn't work for me. Kept having kernel panics better off not bothering with it tbh.

This usb 3.0 business in El Capitan seems to be a bit all over the place. After having read so many pages I still don't know how to fix all USB 3.0 ports on my Asus z97-a. I have one front USB 3.0 port working. It would be nice to have some kind of tool that scans your system and automatically give you a sweet solution. For us who aren't programmers. :lolno::lolno::lolno:

Intel USB 2 & USB 3 works perfect my Z77-DS3H has no issues But my Probook 4530s & my H61N-USB3 is just problematic 3rd party USB 3 i wouldn't even bother with its just going to be a problem to get working. In the future ill make sure ill get Intel USB ports which are Intel USB 2 & 3 also 3.1. 3rd party USB 3 and 3.1 in 10.11 is just garbage no point fixing.

Hello Drake7,

thanks a bunch for this installation guide.

But I still have a problem with the user-rights of the files.

Per default everyone has no rights.

I changed this to read only.

But my problem is still there:

GenericUSBXHCI:

Last Modified: 27.04.16, 20:40
Loaded: No
Obtained from: Unknown
Loadable: No
Validity Errors:
Validation Failures:
Failed to open CFBundle (unknown error).: 1
Signature Validation Errors: Kext signature validation error code -1
Dependencies: Incomplete
Signed by: Unknown

Do you have an idea, what could solve my problem?

Best wishes and thanks in advance

Olaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back