Contribute
Register

3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2+

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2

All USB ports working with X58A UD7. Probably just at USB 2.0 but working.

Having issues on a GA-Z87X-D3H, USB ports working for keyboard, mouse, external sound card (Focusrite) and midi controller but not storage devices. The following warning pops up when I attach a storage device "USB Device Needs Power".

GenericUSBXHCI.kext installed in /Library/Extensions
XHCI results the same for Auto or Smart Auto

Edit: Storage devices work on the USB2 ports.

Any pointers appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-20 at 19.58.03.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-20 at 19.58.03.png
    13 KB · Views: 152

That, I think, would be a BIOS issue. I saw an option in my ASUS BIOS to enable Powering though certain USB ports. Hope this helps.

GA-Z87X-D3H - 10.11.2 + GenericUSBXHCI.kext

No joy on that, reset the BIOS to defaults and checked the various options for USB. Still the same situation and error message "USB Device Needs Power".

So currently I have x6 USB3 ports acting as USB2 without storage support and x2 USB2 ports which are acting normally (all devices supported including storage, USB flash drive + card reader/CF card).

Edit: removed GenericUSBXHCI.kext and have x6 USB3 ports acting as USB2 without storage support and x2 USB2 ports which are acting normally.

Working my USB 3.0 drive on ASUS P8z68 v-lx. Asmedia 3.0 (1b21:1042) but does not show in System Profiler. And when i connect my bluetooth dongle USB 3.0 port. dosent work. dosent see it.

Thank you RehabMan !
I used the Terminal, rebuilt cache and reboot, but it seems that the USB 3.0 port are not detected

View attachment 168054

I am currently not using / having a DSDT.aml

Should I extract it with Clover F4, then fix the 4080 error, copy to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched and apply on Config.plist the USB fix ?

It does not show in System Information.

GA-Z87X-D3H - 10.11.2 + GenericUSBXHCI.kext

No joy on that, reset the BIOS to defaults and checked the various options for USB. Still the same situation and error message "USB Device Needs Power".

So currently I have x6 USB3 ports acting as USB2 without storage support and x2 USB2 ports which are acting normally (all devices supported including storage, USB flash drive + card reader/CF card).

GenericUSBXHCI.kext is only for non-Intel, non-Fresco Logic XHCI controllers.

Intel USB is supported natively... details here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Hi, can you help me? I have a MBP 17" late 2011 and i use an expresscard with 2 usb 3.0 ports (NEC/Renesas cipset), i try to use the last "GenericUSBXHCI.kext" but not work. Thank you.

Keep in mind you need to disable SIP to install unsigned kexts. It is something done as a matter of course with hackintosh, but Mac users may not be aware.

Read Apple documentation regarding csrutil from the Recovery partition.

It does not show in System Information.

No, it does not show any USB 3.0
When I was using Chimera with Yosemite they were shown and working.

My MOBO bios does not have any XHCI setting, and after I extracted the DSDT there is no XHC not EHC

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl.zip
    27.8 KB · Views: 92

No, it does not show any USB 3.0
When I was using Chimera with Yosemite they were shown and working.

My MOBO bios does not have any XHCI setting, and after I extracted the DSDT there is no XHC not EHC

X79 does not have Intel USB3.

Any 3rd party XHCI controller enabled by GenericUSBXHCI.kext will not show in System Information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back