Contribute
Register

3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2+

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2

WORKING on GA Z68AP D3 WITH ATI6870. Do not know if working at 3.0 or 2.0 but Samsung Blue Ray working connected two the two 3.0 ports. Phenomenal! Thanks all.

Hehe, this revived my NEC/Renesas based ExpressCard in my old MacBookPro. Well, somehow... :)

When booting my MBP, it correctly shows the USB 3.0 Bus, but says "AppleUSBXHCIPCI" is it's driver. System profiler -> Software -> Extensions clearly shows that GenericUSBXHCI is loaded, though.
USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 devices will be shown in System profiler, but never mount. xhcdump doesn't show anything either.

I started plugging my USB thumb drivers into the 2.0 ports, back in 3.0, removed the whole card and inserted it again, replugged the thumb drives a few more times, and suddenly both USB 2.0 and 3.0 started to work :)
System profiler does NOT list the USB 3.0 port anymore, but it's clearly working.

After removing the card or rebooting I have to do the whole procedure again. Not quite sure what made it finally work, maybe just waiting a long time with a device installed?

I wish to report the same results with an HP Probook 4530s. The same procedure was followed above with a similar two-port Nec/Renesas USB 3.0 express card and, voila, it functioned and allowed for the 4530s's single USB 3.0 port to function as well. Plugging and unplugging a USB 3.0 flash drive into this port doesn't "stimulate" it, however.

You must plug-unplug the express card or unplug and replug it if the computer booted with it installed. (I did notice one kernel panic when rebooting--this after waking up from hibernation, where USB 3.0 functionality had not been lost.)

If you boot with the USB 3.0 in the 4530s's USB 3.0 slot, it will work.

I still need to do speed tests, but from some unmeasured tests, all USB 3.0 ports (i.e., the one on the 4530s and the two in the express card) seem to work faster than the 2.0s.

Kext Beast does not allow me to choose /L/E to install this kext

as you can see the only option available is /S/L/E

Any advice is well appreciated

Thanks

kextBeast.png

Kext Beast does not allow me to choose /L/E to install this kext

as you can see the only option available is /S/L/E

Any advice is well appreciated

Thanks

View attachment 168007

Download the latest version : Link

"KextBeast is a quick installer for .kext, .bundle, and .plugin files.

1. Place files on desktop.
2. Run KextBeast installer
3. Select the destination folder:
/Library/Extensions
/System/Library/Extensions
4. Reboot

Version 2.0"

Download the latest version : Link

"KextBeast is a quick installer for .kext, .bundle, and .plugin files.

1. Place files on desktop.
2. Run KextBeast installer
3. Select the destination folder:
/Library/Extensions
/System/Library/Extensions
4. Reboot

Version 2.0"

Thank you, I downloaded, tried to open it and this is what I get

Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 2.37.55 PM.png

Ok after changing permissions Security & Privacy, Kext Beast is open but it does not load the kext on Desktop

??

Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 2.49.08 PM.png

Another question:

The downloaded ZIP from Rehabman contains in addition to the kext an xhcdump file.
What is this for ?
Thnks

Thank you, I downloaded, tried to open it and this is what I get

View attachment 168014

Ok after changing permissions Security & Privacy, Kext Beast is open but it does not load the kext on Desktop

??

View attachment 168016

Another question:

The downloaded ZIP from Rehabman contains in addition to the kext an xhcdump file.
What is this for ?
Thnks

xhcdump is for debugging/diagnostic purposes.

You can install kexts with Terminal:
Code:
sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions

Apple recommended way to rebuild cache:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

I've tried to install the kext using KextBeast, but it continues to show "Size: Zero KB" and when I continue, install, and restart, it does not load the kext. Ive checked in the USB section of "System Profiler", and also checked /L/E Manually. The GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not loaded. Tested the back USB ports of the Asus Z97-E/USB 3.1 (Both 3.0 and 3.1), and they are not working either.

Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 17.33.26.png

Any help appreciated.

xhcdump is for debugging/diagnostic purposes.

You can install kexts with Terminal:
Code:
sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions

Apple recommended way to rebuild cache:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Thank you RehabMan !
I used the Terminal, rebuilt cache and reboot, but it seems that the USB 3.0 port are not detected

Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 9.22.43 PM.png

I am currently not using / having a DSDT.aml

Should I extract it with Clover F4, then fix the 4080 error, copy to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched and apply on Config.plist the USB fix ?

I did a fresh install of ElCap and decided to try this kext. I have a Serie 8 board. When I use this kext my usb ports do not work. What works is when I useFakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext but then only the intel ports work. Can I use genericusb kext together with FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back