Contribute
Register

3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2+

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd Party USB 3.0 - GenericUSBXHCI.kext Working in 10.11.2

Hi again,
i've not told the truth ...
I disconnected my USB 3.0 (that first was not recognized at all) and reconnected and now i see the disk (surely better than before, that it was not shown at all)
I think that it is recognized as USB 2.0 as the disk speed show this :
Schermata 2015-12-18 alle 05.40.28.png
I try to connect the disk to all 4 usb 3.0 ports , and the results is always the same.

The ports anyway are not working if i try to connect my phones (iPhone 6s and nokia 520) they are not recognized by system ... even if when i first attached the iPhone it told me do you want to "authorize this computer", as if the hackintosh try to access it.
Before installing this kext, iPhone never asked this.

pls advise if i can post anything to help you

Fabrizio

Is it still needed to overwrite from clover's config.plist the USB renaming strings (XHC to XH01, EHC2 to EH02) when installing GenericUSBXHCI.kext ?

Yeah! finally USB 3.0 working on my Asus Sabertooth X58

I've to update the firmware for NEC using this link:

https://www.technopat.net/sosyal/ko...irmware-4-0-1-5-0-2-only-for-upd720200a.2654/

You have to use the "[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]upd720200a.cmd" in Windows.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]After that USB 3.0 working (it recognize USB memories) but in System info no USB 3.0 port are shown.

[/FONT]

Hi

USB 3 Port is not recognised in System Report USB tab, but the Hard Drive is under 'Storage' tab.

Testing

I did a transfer test of 1 GB file from:

a. USB 3 Port = 13 Seconds to complete

same file...

b. USB 2 Port = 43 Seconds

soo, clearly there is recognition 'behind the scenes' that the drive can transfer at the faster rate, and indeed does so. Although the BlackMagic speed test app showed a higher transfer rate on USB 2 than on the USB 3 port when I ran it.

I hope this helps, as I can't undertsand what is going on with the OS, but just really pleased that it is running soo well.

Update

The Hard Drive light is flashing continuously even when not accessed. I did'nt notice this as the drive sits under the desk.

Hey dudes.
Please forgive me if this is a (string of) dumb question(s) but....

I'm looking at documantation for GenericUSBXHCI.kext implement Info.plist based whitelist/blacklist and I can see that it will not attatch to intel USB controllers right? But it can be made to work for ASMedia USB controllers, for example.

Are intel ports working now with native Apple USB kexts or is a custom port injector and DSDT edits still necessary for intel controllers on some motherboards?.... Is it that GenericUSBXHCI.kext will still not work for intel controllers because of the whole issue with port addresses, port count limits, injectors an so on.

I ask because:
All my USB working natively which took some testing of a few boards till I found one. I made it a mission to test boards in whatever time I have spare as I don't see anyone recommending motherboards for El Capitan that have all USB ports working natively. o_O

Hey dudes.
Please forgive me if this is a (string of) dumb question(s) but....

I'm looking at documantation for GenericUSBXHCI.kext implement Info.plist based whitelist/blacklist and I can see that it will not attatch to intel USB controllers right? But it can be made to work for ASMedia USB controllers, for example.

Are intel ports working now with native Apple USB kexts or is a custom port injector and DSDT edits still necessary for intel controllers on some motherboards?.... Is it that GenericUSBXHCI.kext will still not work for intel controllers because of the whole issue with port addresses, port count limits, injectors an so on.

I ask because:
All my USB working natively which took some testing of a few boards till I found one. I made it a mission to test boards in whatever time I have spare as I don't see anyone recommending motherboards for El Capitan that have all USB ports working natively. o_O

Intel controllers work with native Apple kexts.

See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Since updating to 10.11.2 and installing this update, it seems USB 3.0 function/performance is partially restored. My front USB 3.0 ports work fine. I still have 2 that operate as USB 2.0 only in the back. 3.0 devices that are connected to these ports operate as 2.0 and show up in System Report. The other two rear 3.0 ports operate as 3.0 ports but the devices do not show up at all in System Report. I checked IO Resgistry/IO Jones and they fall under RP01 in ACPI. Thats seems to be the issue for my setup...it doesn't follow the typical XHC or EHC format. Any thoughts? I am happy to provide any other details or specs.

Since updating to 10.11.2 and installing this update, it seems USB 3.0 function/performance is partially restored. My front USB 3.0 ports work fine. I still have 2 that operate as USB 2.0 only in the back. 3.0 devices that are connected to these ports operate as 2.0 and show up in System Report. The other two rear 3.0 ports operate as 3.0 ports but the devices do not show up at all in System Report. I checked IO Resgistry/IO Jones and they fall under RP01 in ACPI. Thats seems to be the issue for my setup...it doesn't follow the typical XHC or EHC format. Any thoughts? I am happy to provide any other details or specs.

Your device under RP01 is a third party device... XHC/EHC is only for onboard (Intel).

Sorry for stupid question, after installing the kext, should i chage something in Clover ? or do something particular ? As per previous post, my usb ASMEDIA 3.0 ports, now works as 2.0 (but it is not a problem for e, as it is important that they work) with HD and flash disk, while phones are not recognized at all.

Tks in advance

Fabrizio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back