Contribute
Register

2nd monitor not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the same problem, but it's so sporadic that it's maddening.

I can use the boot command:
Code:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Duckweed (or Bulrushes) AtiPorts=4
on 10 different boots, and maybe, maybe one or two times I'll get both displays to work all the way through to the desktop.

The other 9+ times, I'll have both displays working from boot, all the way to when I should see the login screen, then it'll vanish like it's not getting any signal.

Any thoughts?

billdlv81 said:
GraphicsEnabler=No
AtiConfig=Bulrushes AtiPorts=4

Do you enter the values as a key or string in boot.plist?

<key or string>GraphicsEnabler=No</key or /string>
<key or string>Aticonfig=Bulrushes AtiPorts=4</key or /string>

Thanks

mortiferous said:
billdlv81 said:
GraphicsEnabler=No
AtiConfig=Bulrushes AtiPorts=4

Do you enter the values as a key or string in boot.plist?

<key or string>GraphicsEnabler=No</key or /string>
<key or string>Aticonfig=Bulrushes AtiPorts=4</key or /string>

Thanks
Like that...

• <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 AtiConfig=Bulrushes AtiPorts=4</string>

-> faq.php#f0r2

karacho said:
Like that...

• <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 AtiConfig=Bulrushes AtiPorts=4</string>

-> faq.php#f0r2

Thanks, I actually have GraphicsEnabler=No. Got both monitors working, except now the resolutions are different. Would having the GraphicsEnabler=No or Yes make a difference? My main monitor maxes at 2560x1440 and the secondary monitor maxes at 1920x1080.

I want to avoid using an adapter such as a HDMI/Mini DisplayPort to DVI if possible.

Thanks

Gordo74 said:
WIth GraphicsEnabler=No, OpenGL games and DVD player will not work.

My second monitor doesn't work with GraphicsEnabler set to Yes.

It seems that a few people are having problems with this video card. It's the one listed for many of the custom mac pro builds. I'm wondering why it does not seem to be supported, ie graphics enabler=yes??

So far the only way I can get both monitors working is with graphics enabler=no. I have not installed photoshop cs5 yet to test open GL. I'll try the dvd player later today.

mortiferous said:
Gordo74 said:
WIth GraphicsEnabler=No, OpenGL games and DVD player will not work.

My second monitor doesn't work with GraphicsEnabler set to Yes.

If you unhook the monitor that does work, leaving the 'non-working' monitor attached and boot up, does the monitor that had not been working now work?

If so, if you connect the 2nd monitor while the system is booted up (I've done it at the login screen), do both monitors now work?

OK tried the dvd player and it crashes. I might try Hoolock for aticonfig and turn yes on ge.

First, I need to fix my networking. It was working fine last week and I have not used the machine much this week. Now it seems to have trouble getting an IP and ends up with a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx address. Tried rebooting, to no avail.

ARRGG

EDIT: Tried Hoolock and yes GE, 2nd monitor dead again. Networking OK now even though I did nothing to it?

:banghead: I would like to get the 2nd display to work and be able to use OpenGL. This is supposed to be a supported configuration....right from the custom build page...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back