Contribute
Register

2nd monitor not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System/Laptop make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU name > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 6870
I have the following:

GA-z68xp-ud3
16 GB DDR3
gigabyte hd6870
128 gb ssd

I installed lion/win7 dual boot no problems using uni-beast/multi-beast user DSDT. I did this using a single monitor. Everything works fine, app store, sound, network.

When I connect the 2nd monitor, it works up until the gray apple logo screen. Then, it goes dark at the lion login screen. I tried detecting displays and it only reports the 1 monitor. I switched cables and the other monitor works, but not the original. In win7 both monitors work.

billdlv81 said:
I have the following:

GA-z68xp-ud3
16 GB DDR3
gigabyte hd6870
128 gb ssd

I installed lion/win7 dual boot no problems using uni-beast/multi-beast user DSDT. I did this using a single monitor. Everything works fine, app store, sound, network.

When I connect the 2nd monitor, it works up until the gray apple logo screen. Then, it goes dark at the lion login screen. I tried detecting displays and it only reports the 1 monitor. I switched cables and the other monitor works, but not the original. In win7 both monitors work.
On the Bootscreen type AtiConfig=Bulrushes AtiPorts=4 and see if this fix your Issue

billdlv81 said:
No that did not work. My video card is a AMD Radeon HD 6870.

Thanks.
Yeah i saw that in your Profile. Sorry i forgot to mention to add GraphicsEnabler=yes. Try that please, on the Chimera Bootscreen type GraphicsEnabler=yes AtiConfig=Bulrushes AtiPorts=4

If that won't work swap Bulrushes with Duckweed

Yeah graphicsEnabler=yes is in the plist already.

Tried duckweed no luck. It's not case sensitive, I hope.

billdlv81 said:
Yeah graphicsEnabler=yes is in the plist already.
Ok...temporary remove it from the boot.plist, reboot and try GraphicsEnabler=no AtiConfig=Bulrushes (or Duckweed) AtiPorts=4
Tried duckweed no luck. It's not case sensitive, I hope.
Duckweed

Edit: Which Ports you use?

OK I tried the first two again, this time with the correct upper/lower case text. Same result. I'm now going to backup the boot.plist and change the GraphicsEnabler to no.

I am using the 2 DVI ports.

Again to reiterate, the gray screen comes up on both monitors, as soon as I get to the Lion login screen, the 2nd monitor goes away.

OK.

GraphicsEnabler=No
AtiConfig=Bulrushes AtiPorts=4

2nd monitor now active, however primary/ secondary monitors switched. See attached screen grab of system preferences. Is it right? EDIT: Is it right meaning is graphics acceleration on.

EDIT: Was able to switch primary/secondary in system preferences.

graphics.png

Attachments

• graphics.png
    graphics.png
    564.1 KB · Views: 234
billdlv81 said:
Is it right meaning is graphics acceleration on.
Run Launchpad and hold down the Alt-Key, if you see the wiggling Icons, acceleration is working.
EDIT: Was able to switch primary/secondary in system preferences.
So would you mind your Problem is Solved?

OK I tried the launch pad and the icons wiggle away. I put the flags in the boot.plist and it appears to be working now. I am going to install photoshop CS5 later, that will confirm.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back