Contribute
Register

$295 "PovoMac" — The Cheapest "Hackintosh" Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure to use the proper DSDT for your bios version?

Try deleting your DSDT from /Extra and then install the nondsdt hda889 enabler (not sure if it 889 or 889a) and you should have a booting system and sound.

See attachment.

Attachments

• nondsdt enabler.png
    nondsdt enabler.png
    133.4 KB · Views: 200
Are you sure to use the proper DSDT for your bios version?

Try deleting your DSDT from /Extra and then install the nondsdt hda889 enabler (not sure if it 889 or 889a) and you should have a booting system and sound.

See attachment.

Will try later, thx.

I am using Lion and everytime I use DSDT from the database my Mac OS can´t reboot. So I ignored DSDT...

I am using Lion and everytime I use DSDT from the database my Mac OS can´t reboot. So I ignored DSDT...

It's a compatibilty problem. maybe because the mobo has two revisions 1.0 and 1.1 someone need to extract a new DSDT :)

Is the system stable ignoring the DSDT?

it´s stable, but I can´t use Mac App store.
My mobo is version 1.0. how about yours?

Mine is not yet shipped :p i'm preparing to it.

Try to put

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

In the boot .. plist in /Extra and then reboot. You should now have a working store.

I used EFI Studio and all those tutorials to make my app store work. All failed.
I am very frustrated because it seems that everybody can make it right. I bought all devices to create a povomac but it`s hard to make it work.
mac app store doesn`t work. unibeast with mountain lion doesn't work... user dsdt don't let my mac os boot....

i don[t know what to do. I wish I could at least make my app store work. sound sometimes works....

OK, i 've solved all problems.

Mountain Lion (10.8) Guide for PovoMac

Tested on original PovoMac (Intel Celeron G530, Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3 (rev. 1.0, printed on the mb), and ASUS Nvidia GeForce 210 512mb)

You need:
1) Update your Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3 to F10 BIOS (take it here GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-H61M-D2-B3 (rev. 1.0))
2) Take DSDT.aml for F10 from attach (thx to applelife.ru forums, edited by me)
3) Run last MultiBeast with settings:

And everything work! Boot, Sound, Network, Graphics, Appstore,...

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 149
This is what i wanted to hear!!!

Thanks so much mefin2

About install

Hello one and all. I am new to the hackintosh process and would like to share what I have deduced as to what I need.

Obviously the hardware which I ordered the exact motherboard off eBay but I found it strange that the only place I could purchase it was in Israel?? Can someone explain this are these boards not allowed in the us?

I ordered all parts exactly to the list.

Now as far as software. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I need:

Unibeast
os x lion from app store
multibeast
dsdt
chimera.

Is that correct? I also plan to eventually upgrade from the g530 to perhaps an i5 even a i7.
Will those work?

I apologize for being a noob. I have been stuck on pc and want to create cartoons which Mac is better suited for such a purpose. I also make music so Mac would obviously be a good route for me. Since I don't want to pay a mortgage for an iMac I'd prefer the alternative mentioned in this forum. So while I wait for the hardware to come in I am looking into information about this process. I ran lion in a virtual machine and loved it but it ran poorly on even my i5 pc. I had all cores turned on and 3d acceleration on but I suppose a VM is not the real deal. Let me know what I can do to make this work. I fully intend on donating to this website, moreover I shall contribute by creating a beginner guide for those like myself in a video. Thank you for all your help in advance you guys rock

-Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back