Contribute
Register

$295 "PovoMac" — The Cheapest "Hackintosh" Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot Adrian.

Has anybody tried do install Mavericks on original PovoMac? (G530, GA-H61M-D2-B3, GF210)

I just installed Mavericks on what might be the cheapest hardware it can run on well :D

Biostar H61mlv v7.0 clearance item mb
G1610 2.6Ghz ivy cpu
8GB ram = 2x4GB ddr3 Kingston 1333 Mhz
Sea 160GB sata 2.5"
Nvidia GT9500 1GB PCI-e
LG DVD writer
Old Dell mATX Case

Cost me around $150.00 Mix of old and new parts.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes and off it went after install and ran dsdt free - weeee!

Seems outrageous to have such a nice mac for this price. Thanks for the thread.

I used a pci-e intel gb nic and the audio isn't supported easily by mav so I'm going to get a cheap usb sound card. The onboard nic is supported but its only 100mb/s. I'd buy a supported board. This install was an experiment that turned out great for performance.

A quick question.
I am using Gigabyte B75-D3H motherboard with G1620 proecessor. I have GeForce GT610 (01G-P3-2615-KR) graphics card. I want to know how to disable onboard graphics on the mother board.

A quick question.
I am using Gigabyte B75-D3H motherboard with G1620 proecessor. I have GeForce GT610 (01G-P3-2615-KR) graphics card. I want to know how to disable onboard graphics on the mother board.

On the peripherals settings screen you can also configure the display settings. Select PEG under Init Display First. Save and exit.

Adrian B

Thanks. Have your tried Maverick on B75 board. I am going to give it a try. My first Hackintosh built. Will need your guidance a lot as I am a novice.

Thanks. Have your tried Maverick on B75 board. I am going to give it a try. My first Hackintosh built. Will need your guidance a lot as I am a novice.

Yes I have two installations of 10.9 running on a second boot drive, as well as another installation of 10.8.5, all of these are used for testing. Day to day I use 10.8.5 for now which is installed on a SSD and I have a clone of this drive too.
As to being a novice don't worry, its not a problem, the people here give great help and its a wonderful community.
You should update your hardware details, hover the cursor over your name towards the top right of the page, options will appear - click on settings and set up your hardware. Its easy for people to see at a glance what hardware that you have.

:thumbup:

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back