Contribute
Register

2 Problems after upgrading to Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2331826

Hey there,

since I upgraded my system from Mojave to 10.15.3, I have 2 issues. I have to say, that I had those issues already with 10.15.1, which was the reason for me to downgrade it to Mojava earlier.

Anyways:

1) After locking my screen (not going standby yet) and relogin to my account, I have some delay when I want to enter my password. When I pressed backspace to delete all chars, it freezes for 1-2 secs until it works again. It is quite annoying, considering the fact that I login a couple of times a day.

2) I have this common issue, that after standby the displays stay black...

I didn't have both issues with Mojava before.

Can someone help me please?

Do you use the latest version of Lilu and WhateverGreen? Radeon GPUs would face issues for Catalina if those kexts are not new enough.

It is the newest version. It also was making troubles with my previous Radeon HD 7850, which is why I downgraded to Mojave again, earlier. So I hoped it was because of some bug fixes that would have been fixed in 10.15.3, but unfortunately not. So I don't know what to do. The other thing is, that I never needed Whatevergreen and Lilu before, but since Catalina I do....

What else can I do ? I am even considering to return the GPU and get the RX 580, which is at least supported in Mojave right?

It is the newest version. It also was making troubles with my previous Radeon HD 7850, which is why I downgraded to Mojave again, earlier. So I hoped it was because of some bug fixes that would have been fixed in 10.15.3, but unfortunately not. So I don't know what to do. The other thing is, that I never needed Whatevergreen and Lilu before, but since Catalina I do....

What else can I do ? I am even considering to return the GPU and get the RX 580, which is at least supported in Mojave right?
Try darkwake=0 in boot arguments

I tried that, didn't work.

Any other ideas? Would it make sense if you check out my Clover folder in EFI?

okay thank you! I changed the serial number and attached the file. Thanks!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 101
Your config.plist seems ok but I think you don't have proper power management for your cpu.Check this link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.222982/
Look for this line: Ivy Bridge/XPCM supported, set config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelXCPM=true
Also, try to disable CSM in your BIOS. And most important, whatever changes you make, always try from EFI on USB drive so you don't mess your already bootable EFI from your hard drive

I set KernelXCPM=true and deactivated CSM. Still the same issues...

I also tried it with another monitor via HDMI, same issue too...

I don't know what else to do?

Try disabling hibernation and power nap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back