Graphics
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ULTIMATE RIG FOR CREATIVES
animators, film makers and other graphic arts
Price= roughly $1900. steep, but is it worth it?

Hey everyone,

I am looking to switch to a hackintosh in addition to upgrading my current pc for my animation/video work. I have already purchased my case, NZXT H440 (red+black), so keep in mind that this piece of hardware will be the only piece here that I will not want to change.

Case: NZXT H440 STEEL Mid Tower Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146217

Here is a screenshot of the other parts that I have selected:
hackBuild.JPG

My main question is: are these parts compatible? I found them on the recommended buyer's list, here on the site. I want a lot of power in this machine and I want it to last me a while, so I also need it to run OSX smoothly, obviously. Let me know what you guys think and please offer any suggestions or advice!

Not sure what list you found that processor paired with that motherboard on. You need a z97 type motherboard with the 4790. The board you have chosen is for a different type of processor (skylake)

Your choice of software might affect your choice of a gpu. Some software like Final Cut Pro X may work better with an AMD gpu. Other software may work better with an Nvidia gpu. If you are thinking about overclocking, a liquid cooler like the Corsair H100i might be a good choice.

Gotcha. Thanks for that clarification! Do you think I should find a CPU compatible with this motherboard, or find a suitable motherboard instead? Any suggestions for either case?

I'm switching from a PC, so final cut pro isn't a deal breaker for me. I am pretty sure that adobe and autodesk software runs better with nvidia cards. I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back