Contribute
Register

10.8.3 can no longer boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the same issue if anyone has any suggestions would appreciate the help. Worked fine on 10.8.2 once updating to 10.8.3 hangs on apple logo with spinning wheel. Can boot in safe modE (-x) everytime.

Attachments

• vtext.jpg
    vtext.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 344
I too am having this problem. Here is my -v
I can boot into safe mode.
Please help. I've tried the suggested fixes so far no luck.

IMG_2149.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 210
Hey guys, I have some problems too :eek:

I can boot using the stick and cpus=1 -x. When I boot without the stick and -v it gives me 5 lines and then just restarts:
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,3)/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist]
Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading kernel mach_kernel
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,3)/mach_kernel] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,3)/mach_kernel] 818756 bytes.

I have a AMD Radeon HD 6770M and a Intel HD Graphics 3000.
Since I have a UEFI BIOS I can't really change anything in the BIOS, like disabling the onboard graphics. I hope you guys can help!

When I did a fresh 10.8.3 install, I found that disabling the HD4000 IGP let my machine boot successfully. Maybe those who rely on the IGP for display to boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

lbsimmon, mine hangs at exactly the same spot as yours. Vt-d is already disabled on my machine. I have noticed the graphics card seems to have serious issues when using safe mode... Any luck on your end?

@crosswind -- you don't show which board you're using. My UEFI GA-Z77-DS3H has bios settings that let you disable onboard graphics -- Just hold down delete on boot-up to get to the bios settings. I think, based on my experience and the answers here that disabling the HD4000 (or HD3000) and using a card will fix things.

i solved the problem in bios disabling the internal card and ready.

and for audio i re installing the drives without dsdt

sorry for my english

So disabling HD 4000 works even if you're booting with graphicsenabler=no?

I'm a newbie at hackintoshing. My first try was yesterday, and I managed to install and to run 10.8 without graphics adapter.

I updated to 10.8.3 with the hope of making my HD 7850 work, but now I can't even boot, it stucks with the spinning wheel. Only bootable in safe mode.

@Kaputt -- Only way to know is to try it. Isn't the 7850 supported natively in 10.8.3? I'm not up on the graphics card stuff, but if it is, you should be fine.

@Kaputt -- Only way to know is to try it. Isn't the 7850 supported natively in 10.8.3? I'm not up on the graphics card stuff, but if it is, you should be fine.

Unfortunately it isn't, but it seems t work if you use modified kexts. Hope it really works. I'll try this trick when I'm back at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back