Contribute
Register

10.8.3 can no longer boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the same issue with my Mac-mini Hackintosh..GA-H77N-WiFi, Intel Core i3-3225 (using HD4000 graphics), etc.

...rebooted -> F12 -> from the Unibeast ML USB-HDD -> select system ML using -x (safe mode) ->now reboots in Safe Mode...

...move to Trash from System/Library/Extensions both AppleHDA.kext and HDAenabler.kext. Also moved /Extras/ folder to Trash...

...full reinstall Multibeast 5.2.1 with all my previous settings (as per TonyMac guide)...shut down...

...again, reboot -> F12 -> this time, boot into Unibeast ML on USB-HDD -> Repair Permissions on system disc...

...now, reboot normally.

This worked for me...everything seems to be functioning OK, so far. (Also, reinstalled MacMan's Chimera 2.0.1 just to be on safe side.)

Good Luck!

I'm not sure I understand correctly: You're booting from the Unibeast stick, but not selecting 'USB' and instead starting your normal install under safe mode?

Yep.

You should have at least two choices on your USB stick - the ML on the USB drive and the ML on your system disk.

Select the system ML, but boot using -x (safe mode).

Hope this works for you.

Thanks Slimlemon, this did the trick for me.

Had the same issue with my Mac-mini Hackintosh..GA-H77N-WiFi, Intel Core i3-3225 (using HD4000 graphics), etc.

...rebooted -> F12 -> from the Unibeast ML USB-HDD -> select system ML using -x (safe mode) ->now reboots in Safe Mode...

...move to Trash from System/Library/Extensions both AppleHDA.kext and HDAenabler.kext. Also moved /Extras/ folder to Trash...

...full reinstall Multibeast 5.2.1 with all my previous settings (as per TonyMac guide)...shut down...

...again, reboot -> F12 -> this time, boot into Unibeast ML on USB-HDD -> Repair Permissions on system disc...

...now, reboot normally.

This worked for me...everything seems to be functioning OK, so far. (Also, reinstalled MacMan's Chimera 2.0.1 just to be on safe side.)

Good Luck!

Awesome!! Thanks so much!!

...now, reboot normally.

Good Luck!

Thank you sooooooo much! :thumbup:
I am using a GA-B75M-D3H and had the same problem. No it works like a charm again :clap:
I have a 660 TI so I had boot with "GraphicsEnabler=No -x"

Thank u so much for the detailed instructions, this worked for me as well :)

I ended up not needing Safe Mode, but booting from Unibeast and reinstalling Chimera seems to have done the trick. Thanks so much for the help, everyone!

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 478 bytes.
Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading kernel mach_kernel
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 4096 bytes
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/mach_kernel] 8187856 bytes

Those two mach_kernel lines are strange for me... It loads two mach_kernel files from the same place. A file which is 4096 bytes and another which is 8187856 bytes.
Check your root to have only one mach_kernel file.

I have not read this thread, but I lost legacy usb mouse support after the latest upgrade
hopefully it is just a multibeast fix?

I am so happy I cloned my disk, so I am not dead in the water!

Cheers,
Scott

...now, reboot normally.

Good Luck!

Hmm this didn't work for me..

It still hangs on the spinning apple logo..

can only boot with -X.

[ setup z77-ds3h GTX660 ]

Rick,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back