Contribute
Register

10.7 for those having trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katrocks,

Thank you so much for your time and patience! :thumbup:

I did some experimenting last night (I think?) after looking over the verbose log a little longer and realized that it was trying to boot using my SL uuid (because I have a RAID setup, I have had to edit my com.Apple.boot.plist to force boot to the software raid rather than the individual slice.) So after deleting from the com.Apple.boot.plist, I was able to get a little further, but still hangs. I'm kind of at the end of the rope at this point. I will go over what you wrote once more when I get a second to play around with my hackintosh, but I'm probably going to have to give up on this one. Have way too many other projects I'm working on to get mired in this one.

Thanks again, you've been a huge help! :D

macbookpro32 said:
katrocks said:
macbookpro32 said:
Did you use the USB Rollback from Multibeast

this part is confusing. do i install the usb rollback using multibeast on the installer disk?

+1 here...

Thats interesting for me, too...

I did all what was written on the ToDo List.

1. got Lion Installation.app
2. Installed it
3. Made the "Installer" Partition
4. Installed xMove on the "Installer" Partition
5. AND NOW COMES THE PROBLEM:

I´m booting into the Installer and the installer is loaded properly.
I have to choose the language etc. But I can´t use my Mouse or Keyboard.
It´s both USB.

I have activated USB in my peripherals on BIOS Setup.
But I don´t know what to do, now??

Could you please help in this subject?

Should I move my *USB*.kexts I use in SnowLeopard to the Installer-Partition orwhat should I do?

Thank you in advance!

regards
Marc

EDIT: Okay... I now used Multibeast and IOUSB rollback on installer partition... We`ll see if that helped... I will keep you updated! -NO! to be correct... they now have "power" so the mouse laser is glowing.. but mouse and keyboard still not responding... any help??
- I´ll try some other Multibeast USB Kext-tweaks on "Installer" partition... hopefully...

WORKED! Okay.. I made the rollback again and additionally used the NEC USB 3 renesas kext patch in multibeast. I don´t know if this was it, but it helped on my system! Gigabyte etc. see left! :D

I'm trying to follow the guide of tonymac: xMove + MultiBeast: Install OS X 10.7 Lion on any Supported Intel Core 2 or Core i based PC
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -lion.html

But, failing toward the end of Step 1. Towards the end it says the computer is restarting.. after some time time nothing happens and it just shows me an error: "An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again." in the installer window.

I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I have the latest Chimera bootloader, even have the system definitions installed through multibeast for MacPro 3,1.

alexmathayes said:
I'm trying to follow the guide of tonymac: xMove + MultiBeast: Install OS X 10.7 Lion on any Supported Intel Core 2 or Core i based PC

But, failing toward the end of Step 1. Towards the end it says the computer is restarting.. after some time time nothing happens and it just shows me an error: "An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again." in the installer window.

I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I have the latest Chimera bootloader, even have the system definitions installed through multibeast for MacPro 3,1.
HOW COULD YOU BE FAILING AT THE END OF STEP ONE WHEN STEP ONE IS Boot into your existing Snow Leopard installation.

bigwiger said:
Katrocks,

Thank you so much for your time and patience! :thumbup:

I did some experimenting last night (I think?) after looking over the verbose log a little longer and realized that it was trying to boot using my SL uuid (because I have a RAID setup, I have had to edit my com.Apple.boot.plist to force boot to the software raid rather than the individual slice.) So after deleting from the com.Apple.boot.plist, I was able to get a little further, but still hangs. I'm kind of at the end of the rope at this point. I will go over what you wrote once more when I get a second to play around with my hackintosh, but I'm probably going to have to give up on this one. Have way too many other projects I'm working on to get mired in this one.

Thanks again, you've been a huge help! :D
I HEAR YA .. WELCOME ALL THE SAME

katrocks said:
alexmathayes said:

HOW COULD YOU BE FAILING AT THE END OF STEP ONE WHEN STEP ONE IS Boot into your existing Snow Leopard installation.

Its actually the 5th part of the Step 1

alexmathayes said:
katrocks said:
alexmathayes said:

Its actually the 5th part of the Step 1
tell me exactly your steps of preparation please.. I would also like to verify you do not have a corrupt Lion file...

I ended up having to remove the VoodooHDA.kext to get mine to boot. Though I had no sound, and I am currently working on installing the realtek drivers for my mother board again. (I had done the roll back once already).

Now, after reinstalling the roolback and the realteck drivers i still have no sound. I fear putting this VoodooHDA back, what can i do?

Having a trouble what to do ?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back