Contribute
Register

10.7 for those having trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
well for those of you stuck at the boot screen what I had to do to get past this was delete the intel hd kexts cause they never work for me and ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext from the IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext from the installer before booting to installer .. after that went fine.. hope this helps :headbang:

are you referring to the part when you get to the osx lion screen and you're mouse or keyboard is not responding?

macbookpro32 said:
are you referring to the part when you get to the osx lion screen and you're mouse or keyboard is not responding?
I am referring to when booting the installer and apple screen just keeps spinning...therefore stopping you from installing .. are you having mouse keyboard problems_

Katrocks - Followed your steps, but no dice for my system. Still hangs. Booted my from my Installer partition at Chimera with verbose, and got this:

P1010433.JPG

Can anyone help? Greatly appreciated! :D

Attachments

• P1010433.JPG
    P1010433.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 215
bigwiger said:
Katrocks - Followed your steps, but no dice for my system. Still hangs. Booted my from my Installer partition at Chimera with verbose, and got this:

P1010433.JPG

boot with npci=0x2000 flag, it works on my notebook.

anyone can help me? I always get shutdown with loading kexts from S/L/E every time when boot.

myth2loki said:
boot with npci=0x2000 flag, it works on my notebook.

anyone can help me? I always get shutdown with loading kexts from S/L/E every time when boot.

Just tried that by typing it at the start of Chimera, and then booting from the Installer. Still hangs at the same point :crazy: Thanks for the hints, I can see it has helped many other people. Have I done it incorrectly?

Any ideas?

bigwiger said:

P1010433.JPG

This is a copy and paste from another form but this info is all over this form and Tony and the team have included this in the new Multibeast as well... I will leave a link for the kext if you do not have them.. I guess I am aloud this do not know....http://www.mediafire.com/?bpddpssdd11fsi2 kexts include 10.6.6 and 10.6.7 versions
[PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN]

If you have this problem on boot, in Lion or in Snow Leopard 10.6.8

First of all, boot with

-v arch=i386 npci=0x2000

if this does not work

Change this 2 kexts in /System/Library/Extensions

Reboot chameleon (or your bootloader) with

-v -f

If this not does not work, you need to build cache.......using Multi beast or kextwizard http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9LJ6XHV4 hope this helps :headbang:

mlieberman47 said:
I have followed all of the steps to Install Lion with no problems. When I try to boot into the installer partition I am stuck at the Apple screen (no activity :beachball: occurring) with no indication of any drive activity. I tried booting into the installer in safe mode (-x). Is this a graphics card issue? I have a Zotac GeForce GT440 card installed.

My system is a follows: Leopard running 10.6.8 with a Custom Beast post installation (could this be my problem), a GA-H55M-S2H motherboard, 4 gigs of DDR3 RAM, a Zotac GT440 graphics card. With the Custom Beast post installation, the Extra folder has a red circle with a dash on the folder indicating that I don't have permission to open the folder -- is that part of my problem? With Custom Beast, should I, as the administrator, have rights to access the Extra folder? :banghead:

If I used iBoot to boot the computer and choose the installer partition, then the computer restarts and doesn't even begin to try to boot from the installer partition.

When the installer partition is created, should the partition be verified and permissions be verified/repaired for good measure?

Try this; if you use sleepenabler, get rid of it from your SL and fix permission then boot to the installer partition again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back