Contribute
Register

10.7 for those having trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pulled the InstallESD.dmg from inside the downloaded image from the App Store. XMove will not work with it. I no longer have the original file.

Now what do I do?

katrocks said:
Jedis said:
I pulled the InstallESD.dmg
why would you want to do that for... :banghead:
Because I wanted to make a bootable dvd for when we can actually install from it.

Thanks Katrocks. Will try that when I get a chance. Feel totally embarrassed that it is actually a well documented problem. :oops: :oops: :oops:

-------EDIT-------

I've tried both versions of the kexts you sent. Thank you so much for that. I am now able to get past [PCI Configuration begin], but now I'm held up at "[IOBluetoothHCIController:setConfigState] calling registerService"

Have tried to find a solution on-line to now avail. Any ideas? Thanks so much for you help. :headbang:

Did some research. Don't think the IOBluetoothHCIController is the problem. Figured I'd upload the a picture of my frozen boot screen when I try to boot into the installer partition:

P1050012.JPG

Katrocks - Was I supposed to install those kexts in the installer partition? or my SL boot up partition? I installed in my installer partition as my SL boots up just fine in 10.6.8. Thanks again.

PS - Now Kernel LP64 now comes after the IOBluetootchHCIController call. :crazy:

Attachments

• P1050012.JPG
    P1050012.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 196
Jedis said:
I pulled the InstallESD.dmg from inside the downloaded image from the App Store. XMove will not work with it. I no longer have the original file.

Now what do I do?

don't run xmove if you want the installesd.dmg

This is a copy and paste from another form but this info is all over this form and Tony and the team have included this in the new Multibeast as well... I will leave a link for the kext if you do not have them.. I guess I am aloud this do not know....http://www.mediafire.com/?bpddpssdd11fsi2 kexts include 10.6.6 and 10.6.7 versions
[PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN]

If you have this problem on boot, in Lion or in Snow Leopard 10.6.8

First of all, boot with

-v arch=i386 npci=0x2000

if this does not work

Change this 2 kexts in /System/Library/Extensions

Reboot chameleon (or your bootloader) with

-v -f

If this not does not work, you need to build cache....... hope this helps :headbang:

Hi, I tried everything you posted but still had no luck at booting installer partition past the grey screen with apple logo. I have Intel Pentium E5200 on Gigabyte EP31-DS3L with Gigabyte Radeon 4850 512MB and Snow Leopard up and running.

Here is the screen running "-v arch=i386 npci=0x2000" and I believe it's exactly the same running "-v -f".

V7S5d.jpg

How do I build cache if that is the main issue at all? o_O

yojoe said:
This is a copy and paste from another form but this info is all over this form and Tony and the team have included this in the new Multibeast as well... I will leave a link for the kext if you do not have them.. I guess I am aloud this do not know....http://www.mediafire.com/?bpddpssdd11fsi2 kexts include 10.6.6 and 10.6.7 versions
[PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN]

If you have this problem on boot, in Lion or in Snow Leopard 10.6.8

First of all, boot with

-v arch=i386 npci=0x2000

if this does not work

Change this 2 kexts in /System/Library/Extensions

Reboot chameleon (or your bootloader) with

-v -f

If this not does not work, you need to build cache....... hope this helps :headbang:

Hi, I tried everything you posted but still had no luck at booting installer partition past the grey screen with apple logo. I have Intel Pentium E5200 on Gigabyte EP31-DS3L with Gigabyte Radeon 4850 512MB and Snow Leopard up and running.

Here is the screen running "-v arch=i386 npci=0x2000" and I believe it's exactly the same running "-v -f".

V7S5d.jpg

How do I build cache if that is the main issue at all? o_O
You can use multibeast or kext wizard http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9LJ6XHV4

bigwiger said:
Did some research. Don't think the IOBluetoothHCIController is the problem. Figured I'd upload the a picture of my frozen boot screen when I try to boot into the installer partition:

P1050012.JPG

Katrocks - Was I supposed to install those kexts in the installer partition? or my SL boot up partition? I installed in my installer partition as my SL boots up just fine in 10.6.8. Thanks again.

PS - Now Kernel LP64 now comes after the IOBluetootchHCIController call. :crazy:
Well this never happened to me so I cannot really give advice here..All I can do is tell you what I did and you can verify your moves to mine just for a reference in case you overlooked something... and yes installing on your installer if you have a good working 10.6.8// but back up so you can replace them again..So here goes..
well I already had a good working 10.6.3 and then did my updates 10.6.6 then 10.6.7 an finally 10.6.8 . The only thing I had to do was to modify the IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext by right click and show contents and plugins and delete the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext from the plugins..Delete the Intel HD kexts because they never work for me they do not allow me to boot.. remove applehda cause panics with my voodoohda kext and Usb rollback I already had my extra folder set up with only a few kext like fakeSMC ElliotForceLegacyRTC Evoreboot IntelCPUmonitor SuperIOFamily and nullcpumanagment but deleted nullcpumanagment after lion was booting well cause did not need it anymore..my plist looks like this
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>ForceHPET</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string> PCIRootUID=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

</dict>
</plist>

I had a great working 10.6.8 x64 going.. Credits to Tony and The team and lil ol me ha ha ...So then I thought Id try the Tony method and install Lion
Well first thing I did was Install chimera..I advise getting this app 32- or 64-bit Kernel Startup Mode Selector.app it will allow you easily to choose boot option if you are not comfortable editing plists.you can use this to get your x64 boot. after chimera I opened disk utility and made my 8 gig partition on my already working leopard drive.. named it installer...Opened Multibeast and used it to change to mac pro 3.1 fix permissions.. Reboot... opened my lion app and installed the temporary setup files to my snow drive opened xmove and installed installer files to my installer partition.. but then before I booted to the installer I removed the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext from the installer and the intell hd kexts.. So my extra folder was already on my drive I had already a x64 boot with chimera and 32- or 64-bit Kernel Startup Mode Selector.app.. and that was it.. install was a piece of cake...
and also I updated to new combo update for lion as well without problems. Hope this helps...Oh and give xmove time do not rush it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back